Are Your Dreams Telling You Something?

Are Your Dreams Telling You Something?

Maybe dreams aren't just random.

98
Are Your Dreams Telling You Something?
memes.com

As a child, I had a reoccurring dream about being chased by bees. Because of this awful nightmare, I am still terrified of bees (no matter how many times you tell me how important they are).

Recently, in a conversation with my mother, we began speaking about a dream she recently had about a tornado. So, curiosity got the better of us and we looked up what tornadoes in your dreams mean. Apparently, she is experiencing emotional upheaval in her ‘waking life’ or it might represent a sudden change in her life. The funny thing is, it was right! I recently had to move back in with her and I’m positive that it is a sudden change in her life (why am I not dreaming about tornadoes?).

That inspired me to look up a few of the most common dreams and what they might mean.

1. Falling

Many people believe that if you’re falling in a dream, you might be having problems at work, in your relationship, at school, or in your home life! You might check and see if you have an assignment due (just to be safe).

2. Showing up to School or Work Naked

If you’re naked in your dreams, you may be feeling vulnerable! Experts largely agree that if you’re dreaming about standing naked in front of your math teacher, you’re probably just feeling anxious about a life change. Did you just accept a leadership position in a club? Be prepared to be naked in dream land!

3.Taking a Test

I’m pretty sure we have all had this dream. The endless test? It might mean that you may be a perfectionist! It might also be your subconscious telling you to stay alert. Seriously, go check to see if you have an assignment due.

4. Meeting a Celebrity

If you’re dreaming about meeting Kim K or Beyoncé, you might be seeking recognition. The celebrity you’re dreaming of meeting tells a little about what talents you may value. Since I dreamt of meeting John Lennon does that mean I value the ability to pull of the perfect round glasses?

5. Running Late

Apparently, if you’re dreaming of sprinting across campus with your bed head and last night’s makeup on, it could be a warning sign. Your brain might be telling you not to make promises you can’t keep! Turns out you’re not just terrified of your history teacher after all.

6.Being Pregnant

Did you know that not just women have this dream? Guys, if you’re dreaming of being pregnant, you apparently have problems (no really)! You might be experiencing problems in your everyday life if you are having this dream. Experts suggest starting a project or becoming a parent. You might try the project first though. Babies are messy.

7. Flying

This might be a sign telling you to let go of current issues in your life. It could also mean there is an out of control situation in your life. So stop worrying about that big project and soar.

8. Being Chased

Even though being chased in a dream is more of a nightmare, many consider this to be a positive sign. This is your brain’s way of encouraging you to finally face a problem that you have been putting off. Once again, do you have homework due?

9. Dying

If you die in your dreams, you don’t really die in real life (thanks Freddy Krueger). Dying in a dream might mean that you wish to end something such as a bad relationship. Many believe that this shouldn’t be considered a nightmare and instead should be thought of as a nice encouragement from your subconscious. I like the boost but could go without the dead part.

10. Bees

Despite the terror that my nightmares engrained in my brain, dreams about bees usually are a good sign in your dreams. They stand for wealth, good luck, harmony, creativity, and bliss. They also mean that you are a hard worker. I don’t care what it means. Bees are still awful.