An Open Thank You Letter To My Friends

An Open Thank You Letter To My Friends

I couldn't let what you do for me go unnoticed any longer.

62
An Open Thank You Letter To My Friends
Tumblr
Dear you,

There are so many different things I can thank you for, but I have to limit it down to a few. I simply cannot thank you for everything you've done for me, because without you I wouldn't be me. Whether we be friends for years, months, weeks, or even days, you're still such an important key piece of my life and I can't pass off all you have done to help me succeed and keep a smile on my face.

Thank you for always welcoming me with open arms, and being a shoulder to lean on.

I've never been so sure about anything in my life as I am about knowing that you guys will always be there for me. I work myself up over stupid little things, and you're still there to keep my head up. If it's something serious, you guys are again, always there for me. Without you guys being there for me I honestly would have gone crazy by now. I'm so grateful to have such amazing friends as you guys. (P.S. I'm always here for you too.)

Thank you for the compliments.

From selfies I have recently posted on social media, to telling me how good my eyeshadow looks or how good a dress fits me, thank you. Regardless if I'm in need of a pick-me-up or not, it's always nice to hear the lovely things you have to say about me, let alone from someone as close to me as you. Thank you.

Thank you for supporting my decisions.

I'm only human, and yes I do make some stupid choices for my life. However, no matter what I decide to do, it's nice to know that you will still always be there even if you don't agree with my actions. I hope you realize that I will do the same for you. I will do anything I can to help you realize what's best for you, but if you don't like what I have to say it's okay. I'll always support you.

Thank you for being there through the good times and the bad.

Life isn't just good or bad, it's an equal mix of both, but you've been there through them both. You're not the friend that runs as soon as things start to get bad for me, you want to help me and support me until I'm back on both feet. The bad times make the good times so much better. And I'm really grateful that you're able to be there through to both of them for me, and I'm even happier to say I'm able to help and support you through the good and the bad as well.

Thank you for accepting me for who I am.

I can be pretty obnoxious and loud at times, but I can be quiet like no other too. You never question why I am the way I am, or how I dress or look the way I do, and I'm so extremely thankful for that. Nothing feels better than feeling accepted.

Thank you for believing in me, even if I don't believe in myself.

There are some times, and you should be the first to know, that I get really down on myself and feel like I haven't ever done anything right. You always assure me that I'm amazing and that I can succeed in anything I ever want to do. It's nice knowing that I have that constant back bone to lean on whenever I feel like I'm a nuisance.

Thank you for not listening to what you hear that is said.

People crave drama and always have something to say, and will make up the most idiotic rumors you could even think of, but you always know they're wrong. Simply because if I do something wrong I'll own up to it. There's no point in lying about mistakes, everyone makes them.

Thank you for showing me that you are grateful to have me in your life.

It's the best feeling in the world knowing that you actually mean something to somebody. Especially when you hear it from them. Thank you for making me feel special and that I actually am important. I could never thank you enough.

And most of all, thank you for being YOU.

You're such an important part of my life and you're so unique in your own way, and I thank you for that. Whether it's your quirkiness that makes me laugh hysterically or the fact that you're not afraid to express your opinion about absolutely anything. Thank you.

I couldn't let you go unnoticed, because you all deserve to be known. The love I have for all of you is indescribable and I really could never truly thank any of you enough for all you've done to help me become the person I am today. Thank you all for standing by my side when times got rough and thank you all for making me laugh even when I didn't want to smile. Thank you for everything you have done to help me grow and learn in my life.

I will keep you close to my heart forever,
Me.