An Open Letter to the Man I Want to Marry

Thank you for everything you will do that has made me fall so in love with you.

15987
Favim.com

Dear Sweetheart,

First of all, hello! Welcome to my crazy, wonderful life. Thank you for taking the time to notice me and think of me as more than just a friend and truly appreciate me for me. So I have dated several boys and they have all been pretty great, but you are different. You are the man I have been waiting my whole life for. The man that I know from the first date that I want to grow old with. So thank you for proving that you are worthy of my time and attention. I have already thanked you for a lot but I want to use the rest of this letter to thank you for everything you will do that has made me fall so in love with you.

One of the many things that I love about you is the way you look at me. You don't look just with those eyes that I know are really wandering around to find the first girl prettier than me in the room. You look at me and only me with eyes that I know truly love me. Thank you for loving me with all of your heart.

Another thing that makes me fall more in love with you is your love for God. You love him more than anything or anyone and that is something I admire. I love that you asked me to go to church with you from the very beginning of the relationship because it was important to you. By asking me to go with you proved to me that I was important to you as well or you would not have wanted me there beside you every Sunday. Thank you for always making sure I am in church on Sunday even if we are a little late, lol.

I am beyond thankful for your bond with my parents. I don't introduce them to just every guy that comes and goes out of my life. So for you to be special enough to meet them was a huge thing and then the fact that they loved you from the start was even more amazing. Thank you for talking with my dad about the news, animals, life and the future. Not only do you talk to him, you listen to everything that he says and truly listen because, I mean, my dad talks a lot but you always ask me questions about the most random thing he said that day so I know you listen. Thank you for complimenting every meal my mom cooks for you even if it was not your favorite food. I really appreciate the fact that you would not hurt my parents for anything because you know that would hurt me even worse. Thank you for loving them as your own.

Thank you for always understanding that I can't go on a date we have had planned for a month because you know getting into law school is hard and I need to stay in that night and study. Also, thank you so much for the nights when you bring me food even at 11 p.m. because you know I have locked myself in studying all day and probably haven't eaten anything more than junk food a six-year-old would eat.

Thank you for accepting my friends as your own. I know sometimes it can be very annoying to you when I change our plans or add a couple more people to the plan, but you never tell me "no" or fuss about it because you know that unless you accept them then you don't get me. You treat them as well as you treat your own, even better sometimes and I know you will do anything in the world for them.

The bond you have with your family is amazing. The way you try to never miss any event, birthday or special occasion. The way that you have made sure they took me in as their own and always make sure everyone in the room knows exactly who I am and that I am your girlfriend. Thank you for showing me the kind of bond I wanted to have with my boyfriend's family.

Thank you for planning dates sometimes. I love when I am surprised with a new kind of date idea or when we go on one of my absolute favorites that you have planned all on your own. I love that you know I am horrible at those kinds of decisions and just take control.

In conclusion, just thank you for being the most loving, beautiful and wonderful soul that I could have ever met. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on, for driving when you know I don't want to, for tagging along on many road-trips home or anywhere I decide to go on a whim, and for just being the man I have always dreamed about having in my life.

Love you always,

Your Girl