An Open Letter To The Man That Chose Me

An Open Letter To The Man That Chose Me

You came at a time when I was sure I didn't want anyone else. I was wrong.

2580
An Open Letter To The Man That Chose Me
Karly Taylor

Every girl dreams of the day that she will find her other person. Whether that be in friendship, or through a relationship, we all search for a soulmate of some sort. However, we all grow and change and drift apart.

For years, it felt like every person you meet is the right one. Oh well, this person is better than the last person, so they must be 'the one,' right?

Wrong.

It took years of getting my heart broken, through relationships and friendships, to learn that I needed to know who I was, by myself, to know what I wanted. I needed to be completely alone to discover who I was, and only after that, did I find what I didn't even know I was looking for.

To the man that chose me,

Thank you for waiting for me. Thank you for knowing me through all of my little phases and for being patient with me. At the time, you may not have known it, but you were giving me the space and the opportunity to become the woman I was meant to be, the woman that could truly love you.

Thank you for coming when I wasn't looking. It's so easy to make someone whatever you want them to be in your mind. It's easy to manipulate your idea of them into one that fits whatever you're looking for in that moment. So, thank you for pursuing me when I didn't even think I wanted a relationship, because that meant that neither one of us was settling.

Thank you, for loving me for exactly who I am, whoever that is. One thing I've learned about myself is that, I'm still growing and changing. Each day I wake up and a part of me is different from the day before. Maybe it's a good day and I'm a little more patient. Or, maybe it's a bad day and I'm a lot less patient. Whatever form I am in, you love me regardless.

Thank you, for reminding me that I am loved and that I am cherished. We work so hard every day to show one another how appreciated we are by the other person. Thank you for giving me even more of that on the days that I need it.

Thank you, for being honest with me. I needed someone that would call me out, and make me better. The point isn't for me to be perfect, it's for us to grow and improve, both individually and together. Thank you for adding to my life, rather than trying to bring me down to lift you up.

Thank you for being the only person that was different.

From,

The woman that chose you.