An Open Letter To The Abusive Parent And The Child Who Endured

Trust your struggle.

45
Unsplash

Dear Parent,

You are despicable. To take advantage of the authority you have over an innocent child is irrational, disturbing and cruel. Understand that just because you may not have put your hands on your child doesn't mean you didn't abuse them. There is a thing called “mental abuse” in case you were misinformed. Your lack of regard for your civil duties as a parent has therefore made the world a worse place. The tears and sleepless nights you have provoked your child to endure is incriminating and makes America and the people of the world despise you. Your narcissistic and psychopathic ways have been allowed for far too long. But don't fret, that child you seamlessly destroyed has become a remarkable adult that wants nothing to do with you, as well as the people they have inspired by their story of courage and endurance. They have formed an army around the child's confidence to keep out your lies. You claim them to be temporary, that only blood is forever, but may I say that you are damn wrong. Pardon my French because blood may be thicker than water, but true love is stronger than anything. Your failed and pitiful attempts to reconnect with your once-child have been laughed off as a “crazy person trying to claw their way back into their child's life.” But let me tell you that being a parent is more than biology.

Every event/relationship you have been a part of has been torched at the hands of none other than yourself. I’d call you a liar if that would justify it, I would call you trash if that would sum it up, and l’d call you a joke if that would make up for the pain you have caused. This facade of happiness you appear to be is fake. You are fake. No one respects you because they now have begun to see you for what you are, a snake. Now you are running away from your problems because there is nothing left for you here, and everyone is better off. Stay far away from your child you once broke, keep your mental games enclosed in your sick mind, and don’t EVER come back unless you have completely changed, reached for psychiatric help and are willing to apologize. I pray that someday God can wash away your crazy.

Dear Child,

You are stronger than you will ever know, but everyone around you can see. Your story can and will inspire many, so keep your head high and never let anyone stop you from telling the truth that is the abuse you went through. What if Martin Luther King never told his story of racial segregation or if Maya Angelou never wrote of her struggle with rape? The world would be much worse without these intelligent individuals sharing their story. People who shut down your story just don't understand the pain and hardship you suffered and how often children undergo such unbearable conditions. But you are a light at the end of the tunnel for so many. You have made it to the other side a successful, kind human being. Your hard work has been in effort to move on from your past.

I respect you and support you to the heavens and back again. Never will your story be shunned or belittled if I'm alive. I pray you find peace and success. God bless.