An Open Letter To My Dearest Boyfriend

An Open Letter To My Dearest Boyfriend

Thank you for being a blessing.

In nine days you will be home and in twelve days it will be Christmas. It is possible that this could be our last Christmas together for a few years pending deployment and therefore gives more importance to you being home this year. I could not be more thankful to be spending Christmas with you and wont ever take that for granted.

Currently, you are busy where you are and even though I can talk to you at night...post Christmas its back to no communication for a while and not knowing what you are doing. As difficult as that sounds, it is okay. I know you are doing what you love and because you are doing what you love I can be happy too. Despite our differences in career choices, we support and love one another unconditionally.

I cannot wait to do all our favorite things when you come home cause we always make the most of our time together. The saying, "distance makes the heart grow founder" couldn't be more true. Each and every time I get to be in your arms again gets better and better.

On the contrary, yes saying goodbye does not get easier. However, that is not the point. The point is that despite where you are in the world and despite where I am there is nothing that can come between us.

To me you are more than just some guy I fell in love with. You're my best friend and the person who I can see forever with and forever is pretty exciting. You are a very admirable person, one who has no selfishness, but only devotion to protect our country, to protect your family, and to protect me. There are many reasons to fall in love with such a guy, and any woman would be lucky, but I truly believe in God and his plan for each and every person in this world.

I believe God puts individuals together for a reason, to show them their strengths and to have them deal with their weaknesses. To learn how to build a life and to be content with the life you are living. To show you different perspectives on life, to show you how grateful you should be despite how grateful you think you are. To show you the blessings in your life...to take time and reflect on those blessings and yes you are one of my biggest blessings and God shows me every day just how blessed I am.

One way by bringing you home for Christmas. Honestly, that is the most wonderful gift I could ever have is having you in my arms this holiday season. So my love, in just a few more days I will be the one at the airport holding up a sign and as soon as I see you I will be in tears, happy tears as I run and jump into your arms because you are home and wherever you are with me, that is home.