An Open Letter To My Best Friend Who Was Cheated On

You deserve more. You are worth more.

44776

When I got your text saying that you and him broke up, I felt sad for you. When you told me that he cheated on you, I felt sad, angry, and like I wanted to be there with you. I couldn't. I didn't know what to tell you at the time, but now I have a lot to say.

I am extremely sorry that he cheated on you. He had no self-control, and him cheating on you was not because of anything you did. He was just weak. I wish I could have been with you when he confessed to you. I wish I could be with you now. I want to be able to comfort you, to make you the most unhealthy, chocolate-filled desserts, and watch the cheesiest chick-flicks with you. I wish I could undo the pain he has caused you. I am truly sorry. You didn't deserve that.

You are wonderful. You are beautiful. You deserve more. He didn't cheat on you because of you. There is nothing you could have done that would have changed his bad choice. You are worth more. He didn't truly see your value. He lost you and traded you for some girl who can't even be compared to you. It's as if he turned in his Chevrolet camaro for a BMW. Wrong choice!

You will find someone better. It might feel as if you are never going to find anyone else who is as good as him, but you will find someone 100 times better! He obviously wasn't that good anyway. No, God has the perfect guy already picked out for you. You just have to meet him. He will make you feel like a princess. He will make you forget all the hurt and heartache that the guy you just broke up with caused you.

He has taken all of your trust, so now you don't have any left for anyone. That was very unfair of him. However, I know you. I know you are strong enough to overcome this. You have such a tender heart, and you look for the best in people. You love people with such passion. You're genuine, and you have so much strength, more strength than you know you have. This might be affecting and hindering your relationships right now, but it won't always be this way. You will slowly, step by step, begin to be able to trust other people.

You will always have me. No matter what. Through the ups and the downs, I will be by your side. I will celebrate with you. I will cry with you. I will always offer to kick the butt of anyone who hurts you. I will give you the unconditional love that you have always given me. I will stick with you to either walk next to you in the adventures of this life, or I will be there to pull you along with me when you face the struggles of this life. Either way, you've got me and I've got you. We make a pretty good team.