An Open Letter To My Best Friend At A Different College

The nursing home isn't ready for us.

338
Katrina Rose Garbin

We’ve been joined at the hip since the first day of freshman year. You’re my best friend, my everything, my partner in crime, and the Frick to my Frack. We are basically sisters, and I don’t know how I could survive life without you.

You’ve helped me through so much, supported me in everything, put me back together when I was absolutely broken, brought me food (specifically French fries) whenever I was sad, and you never left my side.

I miss our days at the gym, spending hours as well as days at your house, hanging out with your family like I'm their second daughter, riding your quad on the beach, causing scenes no matter where we are, our times on Long Island, our dinner dates, shopping adventures, and blasting music in the car with all the windows down. However, I know there’s more in store for us and I can’t wait to experience it with you.

Even though there are 66.8 miles between us, we will never ever let that get to us. I’ll always be with you and I know you’ll always be with me for the rest of our lives. You are such a kind, caring, and beautiful person who never fails to make me laugh and thinks of others before yourself. Most importantly, there’s nobody like you and I wouldn’t have it any other way

I can’t wait for you to stand by me and I can’t wait to stand by you when we marry our future husbands, watch our kids grow up and become best friends like us, and look back on all our memories when we’re old ladies in rocking chairs.

Thank you for having the same love for every single one of our guilty pleasures (Prank calls, lazy days, and going for seconds even though we’re not hungry anymore), always being up for an adventure, dragging my butt to the gym, and for being an amazing best friend for the last four almost five years and here’s to many more with you.

I love you with all of my heart and I hope you’re having the time of your life at college, but don't you dare replace me!!