How to Advertise on TikTok

How to Advertise on TikTok

The Benefits of Advertising on TikTok

15
How to Advertise on TikTok

TikTok Advertising

TikTok Advertising

The trendy social network TikTok offers many types of advertising formats, including interactive and exclusive to this network.

Ads on TikTok (TikTok Ads) can be a great option to generate engagement. For this reason, knowing how to advertise on TikTok is something you should try now.

Before continuing, you must remember that this network is mainly aimed at generation Z and Millennials.

TikTok has managed to connect with a huge audience, making it an almost essential channel for brands marketing to the younger demographic.

It is popular with younger users, and its numbers are very good: 3 billion app downloads and 1 billion active users every month.

So, is it profitable to advertise for companies? Yes, the fact that your audience is younger and focused on fun does not mean that it is not profitable to do Tiktok for business.

What are the benefits of advertising on TikTok?

Advertising on TikTok has multiple advantages:

• Access to new markets: China's TikTok has a global audience of more than 300 million and is available in more than 140 countries, making it a good option for brands with international ambition.
  • The relatively new platform is also less crowded, so you can find your audience much more easily. There's no excess branding or ads, which means you're less likely to see the same content from your competition.
  • TikTok has introduced ads that are not considered intrusive. This has allowed them to successfully run ads without getting a lot of pushback from users and makes it easier for advertisers to integrate.
  • Although this is not only the merit of TikTok: brands also have to generate creative ideas that fit the type of content and contribute to the user experience.
  • TikTok constantly advertises and makes changes to its advertising formats from time to time.

How much does it cost to advertise on TikTok Ads?

A minimum budget of €50 will allow you to launch a campaign on TikTok; for €20, you can set up an ad group.

Ad costs per thousand start at €10, but there are many factors that affect the cost, such as how you target your audience or if you are bidding on clicks.

These prices make it possible for all kinds of businesses to use TikTok, but keep in mind that higher-tier sponsorship packages like Brand Takeovers or Hashtag Challenges are much more expensive.

The best thing is that you start advertising on TikTok and try it as soon as possible.

It's very simple, to create your first advertising campaign on TikTok, open the TikTok for businesses page and click the Create an ad button.

How to advertise on TikTok?

Advertising on TikTok is available to all brands and marketers, regardless of size.

There are a few ways brands can advertise on TikTok:

• Promoted Posts: These are the most traditional type of advertising on social media. A brand can pay to have its post appear at the top of a user's feed for 24 hours.
  • Sponsored Content: This type of advertising is similar to a promoted post but also includes brand-created video content that appears in the TikTok app.
  • Ads in search results: When users search for keywords related to your brand, they'll see ads for that company as one of their top results.
  • Ads in Stories: These are sponsored videos that appear in Stories.

TikTok Ads Formats

There is a detailed classification of the types of ads available on Tik Tok. I have summarized it in this section to make it clear what you need to do to promote TikTok effectively.

On the other hand, consider that you should adapt your ad to the strategy and type of business you choose.

In-Feed Ads

Instagram In-Feed Ads are a form of advertising that allows you to create a 60-second video that appears in your followers' "For You" feed. This format is similar to Instagram stories, and you can use any creative style you like.

This type of ad allows for multiple CTAs and the ability to choose the music that will accompany the ad. Users can like, comment, share and finally follow the brand.

Collection Ads

Collection ads are made up of product cards that can be placed up front or mixed with other ads within the feed. They also include short video ads in the feed. And users can swipe or tap an item to open a gallery page.

These “Collection Ads” require users to leave TikTok and visit your brand store, so they can be a bit more intrusive than others.

An extra tip: Some tools can help you create short video ads even if you are a starter. FlexClip is one of my favorites.

Dynamic Showcase Ads

Some companies are testing dynamic product ads. They work by providing personalized ads to people interested in the product, like Google Ads would do, for example.

To upload videos in this format, you must first ensure that the TikTok pixel and product catalogs are configured. It also requires creating video content for the products.

Shopping Features

Using TikTok to market your products is one of the newest and most exciting ways to advertise. Your products will be seen by millions of TikTok users, who can then click on your latest listings to learn more. Integration with Shopify, Square and other platforms means it's even easier for you to launch your store!

On the other hand, this format allows advertisers to place links to their product catalogs and send the products directly to the user while watching a live broadcast.

Hashtag Challenges

Hashtag Challenges are popular on TikTok and a great way for brands to build engagement. They enable brand awareness and get people talking about a keyword or topic.

The brand invites people to create their own content and vote to enter a contest on the topic. The average engagement is 8.5% during the six days of the campaign.

Brand Takeover

With a Brand Takeover, a brand will be displayed on the first screen of your app, as well as on other pages such as the “For You” feed. It also includes clickable links and Hashtag Challenges.

Videos can be up to 5 seconds long, while still, images can only be 3 seconds long.

This size is limited to one brand per day, but it's worth it when you want exceptional quality and 100% authenticity. It is an excellent option to publicize your brand, although naturally, the price will be higher than other formats.

Spark Ads

Spark Ads are a type of advertising made from own publications or organic content from other users. As always, it is necessary to have the consent of other users.

An easy way to convert your content for ads and make it much more interesting is by using an infographic. In this scenario, the videos could be integrated as featured or in-feed ads in the TikTok discovery section called For You.

TopView

When a user opens the TopView Ads section, they are shown an ad that takes up the entire screen and lasts up to 60 seconds. It also appears in your feed.

Branded Effect

Branded Effect is a new type of advertising that allows brands to give filters and effects to users, allowing for an interactive experience. They help encourage engagement and user-generated content and can be used in isolation or as part of a mixed campaign involving Hashtag Challenges.

Now that you understand everything, I'll tell you how to make an advertising campaign on Tiktok from scratch.

How to make an advertising campaign on TikTok step by step?

Although it is quite simple to advertise on Tik Tok and the app is quite intuitive for users, it is vital to be successful as an advertiser that you follow a series of instructions. Only then will you get the most out of it.

1. You need to choose your campaign objective from the TikTok list.

2. Select things like traffic, conversion, or app install based on what works best for you.

3. You must also choose the audience you want to reach. The more detail you provide about your ideal user, the greater the results.

4. You will be able to configure the age, gender, and region, as well as generate personalized audiences.

5. You can set a daily or total budget for the campaign.

6. You must choose a minimum amount, which is calculated based on the duration of the campaign, but you can change it at any time.

At last

The rest is in your hands. Creativity is what will make you stand out from other brands to get the sales you want. Start advertising on Tiktok now, and you will multiply the reach of your account.