A Letter To My 7 Roommates
Friendships

A Thank You Letter To My Roommates, All 7 Of You

Y'all are the best girl gang I could ever have the privilege of living with.

84
Madelene Whitfield

To the wonderful ladies that I get the privilege of living with…

I was thinking about how this is my last semester of college and then it hit me that once I graduate, I'll have to move out and that means I'll never live with y'all ever again. (And yes, I got emotional about it, what else is new) I don't think I've ever thanked you for being one heck of a support group/girl gang/the best-worst influences/always down to have a wine and whine night. So thank you.

Natalie — Queen of Clean and mother of my nephew. I'll be honest, when I first met you, I thought you were terrifying but now you're one of my favorite people! I'll miss all the snugs and watching World of Dance, HGTV, Say Yes to the Dress, and Bachelor in Paradise with you. Thank you for being a strong voice of reason in our house, for teaching me how to load the dishwasher, and for always being down to dance to T-Pain. You are one tough force of nature and I honestly don't know how I'll function without you (like really, I'm probably going to self-destruct) but luckily in about five years, I'll be back living with you as your in-house nanny/godmother for all four of your kids!

Dina — For being so small, you are one heck of a powerhouse and definitely one of the most hardworking people I've ever met and if I had a dollar for every time a guy came up to you while we're out together, I'd be able to purchase more wine than necessary. Whether we're out at Backcountry (or the occasional Ruby's) or staying in for a wine and whine, I always know that I'll have fun (even though your phone always seems to die)! You're able to put in a different perspective on situations that I would have never even thought of and you make one mean stuffed pepper. I can't wait to see where you'll end up because I know whatever you end up doing, you're going to absolutely slay.

Snow — We have come such a long way since being dorm room neighbors in Wayland! From being in the same major, same fraternity, same house (and same floor in the house), AND taking on London together for a summer, I'm shocked that we haven't killed each other yet! But in all seriousness, thank you for putting up with my craziness and when I occasionally hijack your bed. You're fierce and strong and I know you're going to do big things post-grad. We've gone through late nights, early morning rehearsals, missing flights, crying over boys, and everything else in between. We really did it all. (Also, let the records show that I've never killed us whenever I drive)

Kendall — You may be the oldest out of the crew but dang girl, you can outdo all of us on the weekends (and weekdays)! You're definitely the most care-free person I've probably ever met and I'm going to miss being able to rely on you when I want to go out on a Thursday (you're the true Queen of Backcountry and we're not worthy) or when I don't think I'm going out and you change my mind in like two texts. I'm so glad I was able to get to know you better and I'll always have your back when you need someone to check who's at the door for you. Keep doing you.

Jenna — Sorry for scaring you the first time we met!!! I'm so glad that I don't scare you anymore and that we've gotten to be so close! I'll miss doing facemasks and game nights and being able to persuade you to go to the gym with me on a whim. You make the best chili and have the kindest heart and always want to make sure everyone is included. You're the most put-together person that I've ever met during my entire time at college (I honestly don't know how you do it all) and I think it's awesome that you're always ready to try new things! My favorite words of wisdom that you've ever said are "Close the door, there are gnats!"

Dom — Girl, you are one hot stick of dynamite! I'll never understand how you get the perfect lighting, angles, and poses but I'll forever admire you for it! We've braved the Backcountry line in a sobering 10 degrees for two hours wearing no jackets or coats of any kind. Like we are officially stronger than everyone else. You are one of the most talented and artistic ladies I've ever met and I look forward to seeing everything that you accomplish in your future. I admire your logic and how you carry yourself every day. You're the life of every party and I'm going to miss you next year!

Bailey — The fetus out of all of us! Even though you moved out of 2511 and into the unit next door, you're still my favorite townie! You have the best sense of humor and comebacks and I admire how you handle life no matter how rough things get. You're one of the most dedicated humans I've ever met with the best sense of style! Thank you for putting up with me when I stress-adopted a cat last year and I'm forever in debt to you for introducing me to Hokkaido sushi. I'm going to miss your citrus-allergic, llama-loving face next year. Take care of Leo for us and keep slaying the game!

Never in a million years did I think that I would meet anyone of you, let alone end up living with y'all. I'm so glad I did though! So here's to us, ladies of Bayberry! It's been one wild ride.