9 Things That Hold True If You Have A Younger Brother

Do younger brother's have a special connection because they all seem to do the same devious things.

591
Janessa Hill

Younger Brothers, What Would We Do Without Them?

If you're like me and was lucky enough (yes you read that right) to grow up with a younger brother, then you know exactly what they will do to get on your nerves. They know exactly how to push your buttons, making your younger-self's life some-what miserable. It's like they have a universal rule on how to treat their older sister.

However, no matter what they did when you were growing up together, nothing beats getting to know them for who they really are in your adult years, even if that still mean you get pestered with sly comments.

Here's a list of actions younger brother's did while you grew up and some things that younger brothers still tend to do now.

1. Repeated everything you said in a mocking tone

You know that high pitched, whiny voice before puberty hit? It's branded in your ears forever. Him mocking "Mom", drawing out the "ma" sound just to annoy you even further.

2. Your friends all thought he was the cutest growing up, and now he's the "Hot Younger Brother"

"Yeah yeah, my brother is cute" you would say growing up, not really caring in your younger years what others thought about him because he was simply your younger, dorky brother. Now however, you think to yourself every time one of your friends say he's attractive, "You must not be seeing what I AM seeing." It's just a little creepy. (Deep down you know he's grown into a fine man, but won't admit that to anyone. It'll be out little secret.)

(Candid of my brother looking like a model)

3. He was your parents favorite because he would know exactly how to get you in trouble

This was a given. The younger ones always know exactly how to "tattle-tale" to your parents, getting you in trouble for the things you may or even may not have done! That little pest always with a small smirk on his face. They learn young.

4. Whenever your friends came over for a "play-date", your younger brother would be lurking around the corner waiting to join in on the fun

He always wanted to join in on all the action. Barbies? Dress up? Playing with stuffed animals? He was there. You let him join in the fun for three main reasons. One: Your parents commanded you to let him play with you. Two: Your friends convinced that you all needed a boy to be the boy in whatever game you were playing. Three: You would laugh at how ridiculous he looked in a princess costume. The pictures will haunt him for years.

(Okay, I'm too kind to post an embarrassing photo of my brother)

5. You were always taller than he was, but now he seems to be towering over you... so not fair

This holds true, especially for me. Why do girls go through a normal growth spurt at a steady pace will boys seem to shoot up in the middle of the night?

6. Roasts you every chance he gets

These aren't just your average insults, these are quality roasts. How he manages to come up with them so quickly beats you. The things he said back then were actual insults, but now you agree with him simply by responding with "same" or "good one".

7. Cling to your side like a lost puppy

Literally wherever you went he was trailing close behind. The kitchen? He was there begging for you to give him a sweet. The bathroom? He was picking toys off the floor while you brushed your teeth.

(My brother and I in our younger days)

8. He would or still does only let you hang out with him if you ask nicely

"Hey can I hang out with you?" You ask your brother. Most of the time you'll get a grunt or mumble back meaning "Sure!" in younger brother language. And that's good enough for you.

9. He's the best little brother you could ever ask for and you wouldn't trade him for anything else in the world

Even if you have your fall outs, you'll always love him for who he is. He always has your back. Nothing beats having a younger brother to correct your mistakes because he knows better now than the follow in your footsteps. He's always looking out for you no matter what the circumstance. You have a partner in crime for life, and you better enjoy having your little brother in your life.