9 Things That Happen When You Put Yourself First

Why hadn't you been doing this sooner?

319
Huffington Post

1. You become physically healthier.

You begin to realize that your mental state improves dependently with your physical state. You want to be a better version of yourself, starting with your health. You might begin to exercise more or get outside more and soak up the sun, but either way you're striving to be better.

2. You become happier.

You wake up every morning, look in the mirror, and love what you see. You become more radiant and vibrant with every breath. You learn to love yourself and others better because of it.

3. You become a more positive person.

You realize that others need to prioritize themselves, too, and you help them with that; they see you living well and they seek to have your positivity. You light up the room with your attitude.

4. You wonder why you didn’t prioritize yourself earlier.

With all the benefits from putting yourself first, you begin to question why you haven’t been doing this your whole life. All the happiness and joy you receive from finally putting yourself first may dumbfound you to the point of wondering what has been wrong with you up until this point.

5. You seek the good in all situations.

Putting yourself first makes you a better person, and in turn, it makes you see others in a positive way, too. You tend to be happier, healthier, and more positive, all of which lead to an overall better outlook in life.

6. You exude confidence.

Your ambiance turns heads. You walk with dignity, and you literally glow. Your walk literally reads "I believe in myself."

7. You inspire others.

When others notice your new, productive lifestyle they can’t help but be inspired. People will aspire to be as great as you.

8. You teach others how to properly love you.

By changing your mentality and putting yourself first you show others that you won’t settle for less than you deserve.

9. You don’t make excuses.

When the only person you seek approval from is yourself, excuses are not an option. You don’t prioritize yourself just to let yourself down. You constantly make yourself proud.