California is a great state. Home to Surf City USA, Los Angeles and Hollywood, as well as awesome weather year-round. Here are nine things you love and know like the back of your hand if you grew up in California.
1. You know the entire In n Out menu (and Secret Menu) by heart.
Double Double, no tomato, add grilled onions, with animal fries -- which are French fries topped with Secret Sauce, grilled onions, and cheese, and a fresh lemonade. If you're feeling healthy, get it protein style: it switches the bun for lettuce.
When it does rain, its like the apocalypse and you have no idea what to do.
3. The cold scares you.
When it's below 50 degrees, you have no idea how to cope with it-- so you just stay inside.
4. You consider Mexican food to be a major food group.
You eat burritos at least once a week, and when you leave you miss them the most.
5. You've definitely tried to be on a raw food or juice cleanse diet.
No matter how hard you try, food just tastes way too good.
6. You have spent way too much time driving.
Crossing over the 405, or trying to get from one side of the hill to the other, could either take you 20 minutes or two hours.
7. You always use “the” when describing freeways.
The 405. The 110. That's just the way it is. Also, what are these things called highways? Second of all its the 405 not just 405.
8. Wherever you go, people ask you if you've ever seen a famous person.
Just living the LA lifestyle. Bruce Willis held the door open for me once.
9. You don't call California CALI!
California is California... not Cali.
You're so incredibly grateful for growing up in California for these reasons, and could not imagine growing up anywhere else.