9 Reasons You Can Always Count on Your Best Friend

Best friends are the family you get to choose.
667

Who would have ever though that a few years ago we didn't know each other. Now we can't even go a day without talking to one another. Through the good times and bad, you're always by my side ... and for that I'm forever grateful. Here are some of the reasons I know I can always count on you.

1. They always make you laugh.

From the smallest things to the most outrageous, whenever we're together laughing is a given. Is a person really your best friend if you don't have inside jokes? The answer is no.

2. They help you pick out the best outfit.

Best friends and fashion shows go hand in hand. A true friend will tell you when you're looking fierce, and also when you're looking rough. But that's why you love them and their honesty.

3. They listen to you rant.

A best friend is there for you to go on and on about anything and everything. They offer their input and advice when needed, but always let you get your thoughts, both the rational and not so rational, off your chest, no questions asked.

4. They're always there to eat dinner with you.

There's nothing like bonding over food. The best part about having a best friend is that they are always down to grab some food or cook dinner with you. Nothing says true friendship like being domestic together.

5. They cheer you up when you're sad.

Whenever you just need a good cry, they're always the first one to give you a hug or grab a milkshake, because of course milkshakes make everything better. They're your ultimate shoulder to cry on.

6. You can be weird together.

There's something truly special about having someone you can be 100% yourself with. And that often entails you being a little weird sometimes. But it's ok because your best friend doesn't judge you for that. They embrace it!

7. You always have a binge watch partner.

The true sign of a good friendship is having at least one go-to show that you both watch together. Whether it's Riverdale, Grey's or American Horror Story, you know that when 9 o'clock comes around, she'll be there on the couch ready to go.

8. They are always honest with you.

With friendships, it's sometimes hard to be completely truthful with each other. As best friends, you have to be able to say the things that might not always be nice or what the other person wants to hear; but it's often what they have to hear. Not just saying something to please the other person is key, and that's what best friends are for.

9. You love each other unconditionally.

There is nothing like the love between best friends. You are always there for each other and will do anything for one another. They become your second half and make memories that will last you forever. You can always count on the other person to love you forever.

Best friends are the family you get to choose. They are there for you through thick and thin and always have your back. There's nothing like it. Thank you for being my best friend. I love you to the moon and back.