9 Reasons You Should Be Pumped For NOVAdance

On April 9 I’ll be dancing to end childhood cancer -- will you?

41

If you're not already aware, NOVAdance is a dance marathon hosted by Villanova University to support the Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation. This is a nationwide charity that provides financial support to families with children who are afflicted with pediatric cancer and supports medical research to find cures for pediatric cancer.

The 12-hour dance marathon, this year held on April 9, is the culmination of our year round efforts to raising money for the B+ Foundation. It is a day filled with dancing, singing, laughing, and playing with, not only our friends, but children currently being affected by pediatric cancer - our B+ heroes. Last year's second annual NOVAdance raised over $102,000!

If that isn't reason enough to come out and support this great cause, here are 9 reasons why you should be extremely pumped for NOVAdance.

1. Because it is, honestly, so much fun.

So many of my classmates and friends continuously rave about how much fun they had at last years NOVAdance and can't wait for April 9th. They even religiously follow the countdown on NOVAdance's instagram (@NOVA_dance).

2. Because the Villanova men's basketball team is.

Our Wildcats are super excited to have made it to the NCAA championship game, but I think they are equally as excited to help raise awareness and money for the B+ foundation.

3. Because you get to act like a child with zero judgement.

Although the entire dance marathon lasts for 12 hours (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.), feel free to stop in for whatever amount of time you can to enjoy corn hole, karaoke, water-gun fights, musical chairs, and so many more of your favorite childhood games -- all alongside our B+ heroes.

4. Because you don't even need to know how to dance -- or like to dance.

Contrary to the name of the event, there is so much more than dancing that goes on at NOVAdance -- you don’t even have to dance at all if you don’t want to! As mentioned above, some of the other fun things that you’ll find are corn-hole, Zumba, water guns, a cappella performances, kickball, live music, life size checkers, surprise music performances (@kapslap) and much more!

5. Because the B+ heroes are the most inspiring -- and cutest -- children you will ever meet.

Our B+ heroes Danny, Jack, Rebekah, Kayla, Lilly, Ellie, and Correll are always so excited to join the students at all of our on campus events, especially the day of NOVAdance!

6. Because if you do love to dance you're in the right place!

Although dancing isn't a requirement, if you do love to dance April 9 is the perfect day for you to break it down. Whether it’s just freestyle or a guided Zumba class, NOVAdance is the perfect place to have fun dancing with your friends, all for a great cause. And like I said above, zero judgement.

7. Because now you can dance off all of the Chick-fil-A you've been eating every Wednesday.

If you didn’t already know, NOVAdance sells Chik-fil-A every Wednesday in Bartley and by the Oreo (weather permitting). All of the proceeds go directly to the B+ Foundation. The NOVAdance dance marathon is a great time to dance off all of those heavenly delicious cals. But, do calories even count when something tastes that good?

8. Because you're making history.

Our entire campus knows how huge Special Olympics is. Imagine how awesome it is for those who brought SpO to our campus to be able to say that they started something that is now one of the biggest events our campus holds each year. This year marks NOVAdance’s third year on campus. Years from now, we hope that NOVAdance is as big of a deal to our campus as SpO is. So, now imagine how awesome it’ll be when you can tell your children that you were a founding dancer of NOVAdance.

9. Because you're changing lives.

Last on the list, but certainly not least -- it is a great feeling knowing that by supporting NOVAdance you are greatly affecting and changing peoples lives. By donating you are providing financial and emotional support for families. Also, by simply participating in the marathon you are helping to get the word out about childhood cancer and its need for funding.

This Saturday, April 9, come out to NOVAdance from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. in Jake Nevin to dance, laugh, spend time with friends and make a difference.