9 Reasons Why Ryan Higa Is The Best YouTuber

He's the best thing on the internet.

2652

YouTube is a newer and better version of television. It's not just music videos but features a range of videos from skits, gaming videos to reaction videos. YouTubers are more relatable and feel more like a friend than just a face on the screen. We all have that one go to YouTube channel that you never get tired of and you re-watch old video and relaugh every joke. For me, that YouTube channel is nigahiga run by Ryan Higa. Ryan Higa is a 25-year-old YouTuber from Hilo, Hawaii, and is of Japanese descent. He has two channels, nigahiga, which has comedic skits, and HigaTV, which features behind-the-scenes footage and unscripted games. In my opinion, he's the best YouTuber ever because:

1. He hasn't changed over the years

Ryan Higa started on YouTube when he was 16, making short amateur comedic skits with his best friend. Over the years, even after gaining millions of subscribers, he's still the same goofy guy. Sure, his videos are more professional and better quality, but the idea and feeling behind each video is still the same. He's humble and has never let fame get to him.

2. He is one of the most creative minds on YouTube

I mean, who else could pull off Darude -- "Sandstorm" with just his voice and some video-editing skills? Each and every one of his videos has awesome ideas, and after watching each of them, you're left with this one thought: How in the world did he come up with that?

3. He's possibly the most hardworking YouTuber

Ryan Higa isn't just all about the creative ideas. He works hard to produce a great video every week. He puts everything into each character that he portrays. For his video "The CARDBOARD" Ryan and his team made a stop-motion video by taking tens of thousands of pictures of every little body movement. I cannot imagine the patience and hard work put into making every video as awesome as he does.

4. He has the best team

Ryan has the most supportive team. They consist of his best friends, Sean, Will, Derek and Greg, and call themselves the RHPC (Ryan Higa Production Company). They work as cameramen, editors, and even as actors on his videos. However, they are much more than that. Each of them gets to show his own personality on his other channel, HigaTV, and they make his videos even better. RHPC is squad goals!

5. He shows immense love for his fans

Ryan's fans, or lamps, as we like to call ourselves, are the most loyal fans in the world. There isn't a single video of his we don't like. Every once in a while, he uploads a video called "TeeHee Time" on his channel HigaTV, where he and his friends open up all the gifts that fans have sent them. It's always fun to see someone's reaction when they open your present, and obviously so when it's out there for everyone to see. He appreciates every gift and even has awards for the most unique and awesome gifts.

He also posts "Dear Ryan" videos on his main channel, nigahiga, where he reads comments from people and answers their questions or does something they want him to do. He also has an app called the TeeHee app where he can be more in touch with his fans.

6. Awesome Collabs

Ryan has collaborated with a lot of other YouTubers to create unique videos. He has collaborated with people like Superwoman, kevjumba, D-trix, and Wong Fu productions. His most recent collab has been with Wong Fu Productions to create a "K-pop" video. He's always humble and lets the other person have just as much role in his videos as he does.

7. The games he invents

On the HigaTV channel, Ryan and his friends play a lot of games like "Crossy Road," "Agario," and "Spyfall." However, there are other games that they have invented for themselves. My favorite is Parkourse, which is a combination of the basketball game Horse and Parkour. For each episode, they go on to different locations and do different stunts.

Another game is I Dare You, where Ryan and his friends and some guest YouTube stars complete the dares of the viewers. Every dare gets points depending on how hurtful or gross the dare is. However, mind you, it can get very gross and isn't for the weak stomached.

8. His music videos

Sure, Ryan isn't much of a singer, but with some autotune and an awesome music video, he's just as good as the Billboard Top 50. His most popular music videos are "Nice Guys" and "Bromance," with about 30 million and 60 million views respectively. The videos are hilarious and the lyrics are on point!

9. Pun master

If you haven't already got it from the above images, Ryan is a pun genius. That is probably my most favorite quality about Ryan. Almost every video has at least a few puns, while in others like, "The Best Joke Ever" and "Love Literally," every sentence or action is a pun.

Here's another one to further prove this point.

All in all, Ryan Higa is funny, smart, and relatable. Each of his videos has a charm of its own, and I encourage everyone to subscribe to both of his channels if you want some good puns in your life.