9 Final Exam Tips And Tricks

9 Final Exam Tips And Tricks

May the odds be ever in your favor.

44
9 Final Exam Tips And Tricks

Final exams are next week, and students are starting to study full force. The library is now open 25/8, notecards are becoming scarce at the store, and the Starbucks line is always super long. To alleviate stress this semester, here are some quick tips and tricks for studying for finals.

1. Make a music playlist, all for studying

All the hours studying means time to find new music. Make or find a playlist full of chill music that will help you focus on studying rather than singing the lyrics. Spotify has playlists for every mood, and even ones perfect for studying.

2. If you are camping out in the library, don't forget snacks

Healthy or full of junk, the last thing you will want to do is give up your spot and walk out into the cold to get food. Either buy a ton before you head to the library, or take advantage of delivery drivers who will personally deliver your food to where you are in the library.

3. Start early

The worst thing you can do is start studying the night before your final. I personally recommend creating study guides and note cards at least a week before your exam. That way, you have plenty of time to study the material.

4. Make study guides

Reading your notes over and over is not the essential way to study all of the material. If your professor gives you a study guide, make your own based off of the material they give. That way, you don't waste time studying material that will not be on the test.

5. Take advantage of office hours

Office hours are the best time to ask questions before the final. If you have any concerns with your grade, talking one-on-one with your professor can help.

6. Get plenty of sleep

One of the main reasons why students don't do well on their finals is that they stay up all night studying, but their brain does not retain anything because they did not sleep. So, get a good 8 hours before your exam, to help your brain actually remember what you studied.

7. Study in groups

If you have a class with a group of your friends, complete study guides and quiz each other to help each other study. This will help answer any questions you might not know, but your friends do.

8. Quiz yourself

Make Kahoot quizzes for your material and make studying fun. Use past Kahoot quizzes that your teachers have played in class.

9. Take breaks

When studying, you need to take breaks every now and then for your eyes and brain. Staring at a computer screen for a long time can cause exhaustion, headaches, and long term, blindness.