83 Reasons Reddit Should Shut Down The r/The_Donald Subreddit Right Now

Reddit is great, but this subreddit has got to go.

2255
Keegan McAdams

Reddit is a bit of a controversial site sometimes when it comes to content that is hosted on their site. I've written about some of their subreddits before, ones that I personally find to be very interesting.

But those were just 11 random subreddits. There are literally over a million different subreddits hosted on the site.

I'll give you a REALLY quick breakdown of what Reddit is. It is basically a massive forum and within this forum are subsections referred to as subreddits. Each subreddit has their own theme to what it is, as well as rules that the posts in the subreddits must follow. Subreddits are allowed to make their own rules, but they MUST conform to Reddit's global rules and content policy. If a subreddit refuses to comply with these rules the admins of Reddit shut them down.

Pretty simple, right?

Well no, it's not.

Lately, Reddit has been trying to crack down on subreddits who are violating their content policy. One subreddit that was recently banned (and 200% deserved it) was r/incel which was banned for promoting hate and violence against women.

But the problem isn't just limited to this one forum--hate speech and threats of violence are a common problem throughout Reddit. One of the places that sees a lot of hate speech is a subreddit devoted to praising Donald Trump, r/the_donald.

In the end, Reddit is a business, and unlike r/incels, which wasn't a terribly popular subreddit, r/the_donald has over half a million subscribers. Banning such a popular subreddit wouldn't be good for business as it would anger a large group of already angry individuals.

Reddit's CEO, who goes under the username Spez, held an AMA ('ask me anything') earlier in November. Reddit user DivestTrump asked Spez, "Why hasn't /r/the_donald been banned?".

He got no reply from Spez.

After he got no reply he compiled 45 examples of comments made on r/the_donald subreddit.

Spez replied after that happened. He stated that, generally, the r/the_donald moderators cooperate when the Reddit team approaches them regarding systematic abuses. He also said that Reddit normally will only ban an entire subreddit if moderators are uncooperative or when the subreddit as a whole violates Reddit's policies.

Interestingly enough, Spez also said that Reddit HAS had to remove moderators of the r/the_donald who refused to work with them. What does it say about a subreddit's community if it has had moderators in the past who were too radical and uncooperative?

To help get the word out about what is said in r/the_donald subreddit I will post all the evidence that DivestTrump gathered. Please note that since DivestTrump posted these to the AMA, Reddit mods have deleted most of the original comments. But, if you follow the links you'll be directed to the comment chain it originated from, as well as what post they were made about.

I think it should go without saying, but trigger warning for violence and hate in the following comments made by the subscribers from r/the_donald:

1. "Then hang them. No prisoners, no mercy."

2. "Deport the dreamers, hang the politicians who support them."

3. "HANG THEM HIGH!"

4. "Move them kick them out of a moving airplane... whichever method works."

5. "There are plenty of men who are feminists who should be gassed too."

6. "MOABs being dropped on refugee camps also work. Truly, something must be done to drop their Reproductive Index to 0."

7. "It's sad that America exported this black lives matter racist bullshit to other countries. We should have crushed it violently when it started and put all the leaders in jail for life via RICO charges."

8. "Breathe calm down get guns."

9. "Get bows and arrows as well and learn how to shoot them. Modern day vests are pretty good at stopping a lot of the available rounds, but they suck at stopping knives and don't stop arrows. Plus bows are almost silent."

10. "Kill the messenger?"

11. "Kill babies, save illegals."

12. "I wish I could go back in time and put every SJW on planet Alderaan right before the Death Star blew it up."

13. "November 3rd: Trump labels panty-fags as terrorists, encourages state militia, national guard, and armed citizens to eliminate these threats as needed."

14. "I want all these degenerates to be slowly tortured and executed in the most inhumane way possible. Get them to turn on one another by offering them slightly better deaths, then kill them all."

15. "Wishlist 1. gf 2. kill all normies 3. tonka truck."

16. "Have we set up a suicide assistance hotline for libshits yet."

17. "This is so great. Burn everything down! Everyone is gonna die hahahaha! They think we are just here to take down the dumbocrats but we havn't started and won't finish until all your kids are dead you deep state fuckers."

18. "Is it time to hog wild and just kill all anti-Whites? We have tried to be polite and ask them to stop advocating for the genocide of our race but it's clear that words alone will never stop them."

19. "We would rise up and kill all government officials. Populism works."

20. "Ya gringos, whatever you want, just kill all our politicians and all the cartelos, we are tired of finding babies impaled on metal pipes and women with their tits cut off and set on fire. These people are disgusting, send Delta and kill them all, go USA."

21. "I Wanna Kill the invaders."

22. "Next step: Shoot all the surviving members. Then shoot every member of their family so the bloodline ends."

23. "Should put a bullet in his ass...save the taxpayers some money...what a dirty POS."

24. "We have to kill thugs, it's the number one threat to our way of life, even more so than Muslims."

25. "Just fuckin shoot the animals."

26. "Nah, just shoot them dead every time they try this. It's the only language they speak."

27. "I say just shoot Muslims on sight."

28. "Hes right, the teaching of islam is to kill your enemy... so if we kill all the muslims, rape will be reduced."

29. "The permanent and most effective solution to dealing with a death threat is to kill them when they try to make good on it."

30. "Kill the nuslim invaders. If this is the way they behave as a coddled "minority" with billions in handouts... How will it be oncw they become a majority? London has fallen!"

31. "Don't lead kids that much, they are slower than older targets. Also remember to shoot them from BEHIND the "No Gun Zone" line so you don't get into extra legal trouble."

32. "Why waste money? Wall them off and let their AIDS law kill them off. Simple quarantine. That law goes for blood drives too, just so you know, so it'll be quicker than you think."

33. "This is the part where our founding fathers would put a bullet in their heads, if i'm being frank. they'd better be careful."

34. "Shoot the parents."

35. "No, snowflakes pile up and get scooped to the side while I'm rolling coal in my Chevy Silverado Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 with 6 speed Allison transmission and Meyer snow plow attachment."

36. "No surrender. Kill the commies and keep our land. More than that, the invasion of our borders is an act of war, in direct violation of the treaty signed with Mexico in 1848. At that time, the U.S. had seized territory as far south as Mexico City. The wall would be a whole lot CHEAPER if we ran it straight from Petatlan to Tecolutia, and reclaim that previously conquered territory. Do you like the sound of THAT, Mexico? Because that's the fire you're playing with. There was little danger when the pussy Obama was calling the shots, right? Well, Trump is "el jefe" now, señores."

37. "Go look in the damn mirror you people who support those who do this kind of s*** and you never bring up the pussy grabbing thing again do it to my face please so I can put my fist through your f****** noses you're such a hypocrite you dont deserve a voice."

38. "KILL THEM ALL PREEMPTIVE STRIKE TACTICAL NUKE INCOMING."

39. "So can we shoot the Kenyan lowlife?"

40. "I say fuck you and death to all leftists who try to disrespect our men and women of honor who put their lives on the line EVERY SINGLE DAY in combat or police work to defend our freedom and laws with their VERY LIVES. These people are the ones that GIVE YOU the freedom the whine and bitch like a bunch of cunts that you are. THEM, not you, deserve at the least the respect of standing the fuck up during OUR, yes OUR National Anthem."

41. "Not if you just, y'know, kill the unnecessary ones."

42. "I'm going to mount fucking anti-tank rifles to BATTLE BEARS, and train them to shoot the arms off my enemies. Take that, you leftist hippies, and your fucked up interpretation of a simple enough document!"

43. "Can't be starved to death by commies if you kill them."

44. "The evil within these people is a virus, not a bacteria. To kill the virus, we have to kill the host."

45. "Kill them all to save Europe."

46. "Kill them in the streets if they show up."

47. "Can we shoot the Clinton gang for cheating?"

48. "KEK may have granted you the peace and energy to kill the fuck wit podestas.... you never know? KEK willeth and KEK taketh away."

49. "If they are still mad about the civil war they are going to really hate the next one."

50. "'Colluded' in quotes. Completely inappropriate and unnecessary. Bunch of dishonest propagandists. Hang them."

51. "Then hang them. No prisoners, no mercy."

52. "Antifa is backed by George Soros and Muslims like Saudi Arabia. Soros eats infants every morning to consume their life essence. Muzzies like to rape newborn babes. MOAB them. (That's the new word for "nuke them to glass".)"

53. "What the fuck? Why isn't it legal to kill these shitstains on site?"

54. "Well, I hope the Angolans are ready to kill all their Muslims, because I'm fairly sure the mudslimes will see this as war."

55. "I'll fight Alyssa Milano! She looks like a weak bitch."

56. "I'm just saying pull the trigger. This "thinking about planning to do something maybe soon" story has been posted here for the last week. Until it happens, it's not a story. Just like Kid Rock for Senate."

57. "I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em' all!"

58. "You think there is a fucking jury anywhere in DC that is going to send Clinton/Posdesta/Obama to jail? You have lost touch with reality. The ONLY way we get justice here is French Revolution style, the people storm these traitor's homes and hang them from the lamp posts."

59. "Nah, hold this guy and killers like him til the wall is built. Then hang them off the south side and leave them to rot."

60. "Death to Soros."

61. "Fucking disgusting these people. Kill them."

62. "Too bad she didn't sing at a NFL game and shoot the kneelers."

63. "'We are either going to kill them, or they are going to kill us. There is no diplomatic solution' yep."

64. "So eye-rollingly obvious that Las Vegas was an evil Deep State setup. EVERY SINGLE PARTICIPANT IN DEEP STATE ACTIVITIES IS A TRAITOR. ALL OF THEM DESERVE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT. We could sell tickets to hangings on the National Mall and wipe out the national debt in just a few weekends."

65. "Costs too much money. Just kill the fucker."

66. "Kill the human weeds! Margret Sanger is smiling up from her torture in hell right now"

67. "Kill the rats."

68. "Nah, shoot them is best."

69. "Bomb them."

70. "If you had all the power in the would, what would you do? Put a bullet through every one of these perverts' heads."

71. "Here's an idea: bomb them during the Ramadan month. Even better if you can time the bombs to land at the exact moment when the calls to prayer have begun."

72. "Kill them all, and let Allah sort them out."

73. "Kill them all."

74. "Bomb them to the stone age. Wait, I mean bomb them through the stone age to whatever came before the state they're currently in."

75. "Hang the traitor."

76. "HANG THE RUSSIAN COLLUDERS!"

77. "Oh fuck. Hang them."

78. "Hang them all from lampposts for selling out their electorate."

79. "DEATH TO SOROS! Say it with me now, 'DEATH TO SOROS!'"

80. "I prefer to word it like this: We'll kill the government if they take our arms."

81. "Nah, bathe them in pigs blood, shoot them in the head, and bury them face down with a pig corpse on top."

82. "Deport Rice. Jail Clinton. Lynch Loretta."

83. "2 minutes of listening to this guy talk and I want to put a bullet in my head. No thanks."