8 Lessons We Can Learn From Little Ones

8 Lessons We Can Learn From Little Ones

Even adults have lessons to learn, and children have a lot to teach us.

9
8 Lessons We Can Learn From Little Ones
Childhood: The Best Phase Of Life

As we grow older, whether we’re babysitting, surrounded by family, or taking care of our own children, we sometimes convince ourselves that looking after kids is nothing more than a chore. But if we’re lucky enough to take a moment and realize how genuine children are, there’s a lot we can learn from them and be reminded of, even when we’re caught up in adulthood.

1. Shake it off.

Learning to stand, walk, and play, kids get hurt… a lot. Of course they get upset about it, but not for long. Children are great at crying one second and laughing the next. As we grow older, we can remember things are going to happen, and sometimes there’s just no point in holding on too long. We need to just shake it off.

2. Laugh a lot.

There’s nothing more joyous than a child’s laugh, and it’s hard to not smile or laugh along whenever you hear a happy kid. We can always laugh a little more, take things a little less seriously, and work on enjoying the moment we are in.

3. Be determined.

Childhood is a time of firsts. Learning how to walk or ride a bike isn’t an easy thing to do, but children are determined. A baby falls a lot when trying to stand, but they get right back up and try again. Some things may be discouraging and hard, but they are always worth it to accomplish.

4. Be outgoing.

Children always try new things. They’re willing to make new friends or play with just about anyone. As adults, we should all strive to be just as outgoing and willing to step out of our comfort zone.

5. Ask questions.

Children are curious and eager to learn a lot. They always ask questions when they don’t understand, and that’s how they learn about the world. What if we stayed just as curious and passionate about learning new things?

6. Say you’re sorry.

We often forget this as adults, but sometimes we just have to swallow our pride and apologize. Children may apologize just so they can keep playing, but they also learn when they do wrong. Sometimes, even if things may not be totally our fault, just apologizing and moving on can be best for everyone involved.

7. Value others.

Children are full of joy when someone they care about comes into the room. Even if they don’t know you very well, they’ll still probably acknowledge your presence and maybe even play with you. As adults we should try to remember that every person has value, no matter what they look like on the outside.

8. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.

As adults, we tend to think we have to be independent and figure things out on our own. But a child knows when they need their parent’s help. We should remember that when we just can’t do something, it’s okay to ask for help sometimes. It’s normal to need help.