8 Excuses You Make When You Don't Want to Workout

There's always tomorrow, right?

4
Class of 2016

If you're anything like me, working out is a daily struggle. Physically, I don't want to get out of my bed after a long day of class (or a six hour marathon of Gilmore Girls but same thing, right?). Mentally, I can't seem to convince myself that working out is actually a good idea. I mean, I know it will make me feel better about myself, will help my health, blah blah blah.. Yet somehow, all of the benefits seem to be trumped by my desire to do absolutely nothing faster than Netflix can ask me, "Are you still watching?" We all make excuses not to workout (unless you're one of those amazing goddesses that actually enjoys working out), and I'm sure you'll recognize some of them. Unless I'm the only one who finds this many ways to not workout.

1. "I washed my hair last night, and I don't want to have to wash it again."

And now someone out there is going, "What, there are people who don't wash their hair every night?"

2. "I just have so much schoolwork to get done."

*takes ten, hour long breaks to check social media*

3. "It's just so crowded at the gym."

This is the classic excuse you use when your mom calls and asks if you've been working out lately.

4. "It's just so hot outside."

This is where the gym becomes very helpful, but it's just so crowded remember?

5. "I'm just so tired."

Funny thing is somehow you will still manage to stay up until 2 a.m. doing whatever is you actually like to do.

6. "I walked all over campus today. I've burned my calories."

Because you're positive that the walk from one side of the campus to the other burned off the three pieces of pizza you ate at lunch. And the Taco Bell you had at 2 a.m. the night before. And the brownie you're going to have after dinner later.

7. "I would have more time if I go tomorrow. Wouldn't want to be rushed.."

Meanwhile, you've already begun thinking of excuses as to why you won't be able to workout tomorrow either. Ah, the circle of life.

8. "I just really don't want to."

And that's when you finally admit to yourself that working out is just not going to happen because you've run out of lame excuses and just said the truth.