8 Common Struggles of Being a Naturally Skinny Girl

Embrace your figure.

3368

Stick, bones, scrawny, paper thin, string bean, washboard, anorexic,chicken legs, twig, and Kate Moss.

What do all these words have in common? These are all terms naturally skinny girls have been referred to at some point in her life. Society is obsessive and superficial when it comes to outward appearance. Why do we care Kim Kardashian lost all her baby fat? Or perhaps, how to loose 30 pounds in 30 days? It is degrading when you start comparing yourself to another person. Yes, we can blame it on society and say Twiggy started the whole "skinny girl" craze, but we (society) has to take responsibility as well. Your average girl keeps feeding into the idea that if she is thinner she will be more beautiful. Not true. As a naturally skinny girl myself, up until I stepped into adulthood, I was always confused about my body image. Did I love my body? No. Probably because I began to notice the constant body shaming from the early age of seven. As I got older, I questioned if my body was good enough. Why is my body image always being made fun of? Curvy women or bustier women were trying to achieve my naturally small frame, that I once hated. It was almost contradicting in a sense. If a skinny girl tells an overweight woman to put down the fork, she will instantly be labeled as a b****. Unnecessary advice such as this happens constantly, but on the other end of the spectrum. Typically a naturally skinny girl is being told to eat more. Why does society silence the body shaming of naturally skinny women? Either way, neither is acceptable. Society has it all twisted. It's either curvy women are in or skinny women are out. There needs to be a discussion of celebrating all body types. Enough with the curvy/skinny girls do it better. Now I finally reached a place where I can accept my body: flaws and all. Being a naturally skinny girl stirs up a whole new definition of thick skin. You have became a pro at getting past the everyday struggles of what it means to be skinny.

Here are the 8 common struggles of being a naturally skinny girl:

1. Push-up Bras

Buying a push up bra in hopes of making your boobs look bigger, meanwhile you can barely fill out a size 32A. You pray and hope that your boobs will magically get bigger, but they don't. You have been sporting the same cup size since you were 12. Your sisters and cousins generously passed down their hammy down bras, stating "One day you'll grow into it." Well, that one day never came unfortunately. Although when you do decide to wear a push up bra, it is obvious. Your boobs go from non-existent to rather noticeable. The attention kind of makes you uncomfortable because it is very rare for someone to be looking at your bee-stings. You have the pleasure of someone making direct eye contact.

2. Baby Got Back?

Along with your boobs, the creator up above skipped over you when handing out a backside. At some point in your life you took on the 50 squats a day to achieve a nice rearchallenge, but after day 5, you realize like your boobs, your butt is not getting any bigger.

3. Meal Time

Apparently everyone assumes that you do not eat because you are naturally skinny. Not true. You loath Thanksgiving or any other family gathering where there is going to be enormous amounts of food. The statement "You need to eat girl" comes up more than you can count on two hands. Your response is typically "I do eat" "I have an extremely fast metabolism" or "Trust me I can eat more than you. I eat like a 250 pound line backer." Defending yourself gets old. You just want to eat in one peace.. or piece by piece.

4. Road Trips

You can forget about choosing where you want to sit during a long mundane car ride. Your seat has already been chosen for you=the middle. Since you are the skinniest you HAVE to sit in the middle.

5. Measurements

Your body is amusing to your friends. Grabbing of the wrist, ankle, and waist while saying "Omg I can fit my whole hand around you" is extremely annoying FYI. So stop it friends. Yes I am aware my waist is a size 23'. I do not need a reminder. * eye roll*

6. Body Shaming

Casually throwing around the word anorexic in regards to a girls body figure is absurd. There are actually people struggling with severe eating disorders. That is not something you say to a naturally skinny girl.

7. Weight Gain

Gaining a pound is literally monumental for you. Unlike most people, trying to lose a pound. When you got to 100 lb, it was definitely celebratory. No one truly understands how hard it is for you to gain weight.

8. Working Out

You can forget about saying you're going to go work out because people will tell you "You dont need to work out. You are already skinny." Being skinny has nothing to do with your overall well being. If you want to work out, do it! Ignore the ignorance.

To all my skinny sista's lets redefine what skinny means.

Embrace your struggles dolls! xoxo