7 Things To Do For Yourself

7 Things To Do For Yourself

Simple tips to help you focus on your health!

65
7 Things To Do For Yourself

It is SO HARD to live a healthy lifestyle when you have 3,000 things to do and not enough hours in a day to do them all! I am not an expert by any means, but I hope my tips and tricks help you maintain your mental, spiritual, and physical health!

Make time for yourself.

It is so easy to let our own needs pass by when you have too much on your plate, but it is extremely important to allow at least a little bit of time for yourself each day! This looks different for everyone, but I really like to spend time doing an activity that requires NO THINKING-- Netflix, pampering myself, painting, or napping. Even if you only have time for a 30 minute break, I promise a little "me time" will go a long way.

Be active.

Any form of physical activity that elevates your heart rate allows "feel-good" hormones to be produced and brain cells to grow. I enjoy going to the gym, and it is always a huge stress-reliever! I always feel better and more energized after working out, even if it is only for an hour. I am not able to go everyday, but I try to go 3-4 times a week! (P.S. Bring your textbook and study while riding the bike or walking on the treadmill-- kills two birds with one stone!)

Don't wait to study until the night before.

Studying can be looking over your notes 10-15 minutes before class begins! It can look like taking one night to make a Quizlet, and going over the flashcards a few times over the next couple of days. For me, I like to take the time to complete my homework in Stats 2 and Financial Accounting and try to understand each step! This is also a study tool because I am working the problems and understanding the concepts. Studying does not have to be dreaded if you go to class and stay on top of your work.

Read a little bit of the Bible each day.

Some days this may be taking time to read through a passage (my go-to is James!!!!). Other days this may be reading the daily Bible verse on the Bible app and praying over it! It does not matter how much you read, just be in the Word.

Eat a balanced diet.

Life is all about moderation and balance! While I try to eat healthier and more nutritious food most days, I am a BIG believer in treating yourself. Life is too short not to eat the pizza, ice cream and Cook-Out tray, just do not eat them every single day! I typically allow myself one "treat" or "meal" per day. Keeps you sane!

Laugh with your friends.

Laughter truly is the best medicine! It soothes your heart, soul and mind and refreshes you for the next day. Take study breaks and hang out with your friends. Have vent sessions and end on a happy note. After a long week, take a night and watch a movie. Whatever it is, make sure you smile!

Be in continuous prayer.

Some days are great and I feel like there are so many things to be grateful for! Other days are exhausting, and I'm just hoping I make it to the next day. Either way, always be in prayer and remember that you have a purpose in each day!

While many of these tips may seem like common sense, I feel like we often forget these little things when we are overwhelmed with life. We tend to place our mental, spiritual, and physical health on the back-burner when our campus involvement, activities and work become too hectic. But remember, always take care of yourself!

YOU ARE IMPORTANT. YOU ARE SPECIAL. YOU ARE LOVED.