7 Back To School Hacks

7 Back To School Hacks

Go back to school with confidence.

16
7 Back To School Hacks
google images

Ah, back to school season... A happy time in which children are giddy and anxious to return to their regular schooling, classes, homework, with a smile on their eager little faces...

OK, no, the reality is that back to school is a time in which parents drag their kids back to the dreaded school with new teachers, friends and anxiety. Only a lucky few are genuinely excited to go back to school but your in luck... Whether your returning to first grade or your packing up to go to college, I have a few tips to make the first day of school less "ugh."

1. Look your best and feel your best.

OK maybe this is a given, but you have no idea how much of an impact a simple new outfit can have on your first day. When you look good on the outside it really makes you feel severely more confident and that way you can be confident starting off a challenging new year. So take the time to pick out a nice outfit or even just apply an extra coat of your favorite lipstick.

2. Be prepared.

I cannot stress enough the importance of proper of preparation. Coming to the first week with literally no school supplies or at all the year is an extra stressor that is so easily avoided. You don't need to be begging for paper and pens already on the first day. Simply bring whatever supplies you anticipate you could make use of so you can be ready for whatever school throws at you.

3. Eat.

I get it your probably like, "Well duh," but it's amazing how many of people skip meals throughout school. Breakfast is so important for getting a kick start to you early morning back to school days, eating breakfast can really make you feel so much more awake and attentive. Not only just breakfast but snacks and lunch are important as well. Food, especially healthy food fuels your brain to help you focus and perform greater during the tough school days.

4. Start the year off strong.

From the very beginning of the year start it off studying and consistently turning in your work. This will get you in the habit of working hard and will really set the tone for your school year. Make goals academically and strive to achieve them. Doing good in school feels great and it will set you up for your future.

5. Surround yourself with good people.

The people around you influence you and reflect you more than you know. Rather than striving to be cool strive to be a better person and surround yourself with people who encourage you and support you no matter what. Keep your circle small. Quality over quantity.

6. Participate.

Maybe you are shy and don't like participating. Honestly when you look back though your going to wish you went to that one dance or football game. Push yourself out of your comfort zone and try new things. Go to as many events as possible and show your school pride!

7. Sleep.

This seems so obvious everyone needs sleep, but sleep is especially necessary during the school year. When you sleep your brain has time to process the day and to heal the body. It's also necessary to sleep so you can be more awake and pay attention easier in class. The earlier you go to sleep the easier it will be to wake up in the morning for school.

Hopefully these seven back to school tips will have you just a bit more confident returning to a new school year!