7 Reasons Hinge Is The Best Free Dating App Out There

Superior selection, no cheesy bio.

514
Unsplash, Bence Boros

Full disclosure: I used to be one of those snobs who dismissed dating apps and [lovingly] made fun of my friends who chose to take part. Fast forward to my present single life, and I think I've tried them all... deleted them all in disgust, and then given them another try.

Tinder? My third time trying this app was not a charm. Hard pass moving forward.

Bumble? I don't have the time or creativity to always be the one initiating conversation.

Coffee meets bagel? OK. Seriously, this one is just annoying. Plus, there's something about being referred to as an edible that kept me from taking my matches seriously.

I swore I was done until someone recently suggested Hinge—total game changer. If you're like me and have sworn off dating apps, here are seven reasons you should try again with Hinge.

1. No cheesy bio required

I already know #beerislife and that you have tattoos. This information is featured in your frat party pics and mirror selfies. Instead, the app replaces this step with...

2. Interesting questions/convo starters

The questions are so much better than Bumble. I actually use these on Hinge, and it works. Now to fake those expert conversation skills on the actual date...

3. Superior selection

Overall, the guys are attractive AF. I don't know why. The selection is just better.

4. No swiping

Instead, you can choose what picture or question in the person's profile to like individually. You can also leave a comment with it.

5. You can see who likes you

Every time a user likes your picture or prompt, Hinge instantly notifies you and shows you the profile. Then you can choose whether to match or reject the like.

6. Matches are based on mutual friends

You're guaranteed mutual Facebook friends, which provides an added level of comfort and convenience. Stalking your match's social life before a date just got way easier — anyone who says they don't creep on social media is a liar.

7. You can set dealbreakers

Before you get started, Hinge allows you to set dealbreakers on things like religion, distance, etc. — saving you time and awkward conversations.

If you're like me, open to dating but not committed enough to your love life to pay for results, give Hinge a try!