7 Podcasts to Binge At Any Time of the Day

Feminist podcasts, crime podcasts, and everything in between.

340

As someone who is an avid Netflix binge-watcher, I never found myself particularly intrigued by podcasts. I thought they were reserved for a small percentage of the population that was both intellectual and perhaps a little pretentious. For a long time, I could not find a single podcast I really clicked with.

However, I recently discovered that podcasts are not actually solely for the elite. It takes time to find one that speaks to you, and it took a lot of trial and error for me personally. Eventually, I ended up finding not one, not two, but a whole range of different series that are readily available to the public. Whether you like to listen during a drive to the grocery store or prefer using it as background noise in the comfort of your own home, I can guarantee that at least one of these podcasts will become your new favorite.

1. The Splendid Table

www.kalw.org

This one is perfect for those of us who are stuck at home and looking to pick up a new skill. Francis Lam's creative program features simple recipes, interviews with chefs, and even introduces you to the history of some of your favorite dishes. Plus, Lam always leaves some extra time to answer his audience's questions.

2. My Favorite Murder

images.squarespace-cdn.com

Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark invite all of my fellow true crime lovers to listen to the stories of the most interesting and creepy murders.

3. My Brother, My Brother and Me

cdn.simplecast.com

If you are in need of some free advice, look no further. This hilarious podcast by the McElroy brothers allows us to understand the meaning of family while listening to them solve their fans' problems in the most bizarre way possible.

4. Political Gabfest

www.musingaboutmud.com

It is more important than ever to be politically educated today, and that's exactly what this podcast is for. Run by John Dickerson, Emily Bazelon, and David Plotz since 2005, the trio discusses the most salient news of the week. Since the group rarely use scripts, you will get their unfiltered reactions to what is currently happening in the world.

5. iWeigh

www.omnycontent.com

If you are a fan of the iconic television show The Good Place, you'll love this podcast run by our very own Jameela Jamil. Jamil came up with the title after starting her own movement known as "#iWeigh" which aims to encourage people to focus on their accomplishments rather than the number on the scale. She interviews stars like Reese Witherspoon and Demi Lovato to discuss shame, the social media industry, and even share some embarrassing stories.

6. Reply All

res.cloudinary.com

Hosted by Alex Goldman and PJ Vogt, this podcasts tries to solve mysteries by using the one of the most powerful forces out there: the Internet. The self-declared "Super Tech Support" duo investigates everything from Turbo Tax to that song that one of their listeners just cannot get out of their head.

7. Get Sleepy

is2-ssl.mzstatic.com

When all those series eventually tire you out, end your night with this calming podcast. The thirty-minute episodes can help you practice mindfulness, learn about meditation, or just soothe your nerves after a long day.

Happy listening!