7 Lines That I Hope My College Profs Can Leave Behind In 2019

College is challenging enough, so why increase the stress and tension by using these phrases?

44
https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-in-beige-blazer-holding-tablet-computer-3184328/

College professors most certainly can make or break a class. Personally, I've experienced both scenarios. No matter what the course topic is about or how far along in your college track you are, a professor's words can really impact you. Unfortunately, this impact can sometimes be a little more negative than positive. With all of the hustle and bustle that comes along with college, the stress and tension of figuring out class schedules, new friends, homework, exams, 30-page papers, relationships, roommates, and just adulting in general, the last thing college students need is more negativity from their professors.

As the conclusion of the fall semester finally commences and the new year approaches, there is no better time than now to re-evaluate how we choose to speak. Here are 7 lines that I have heard one too many times this semester and hope my professors can leave them behind in 2019.

1. "No cell phones."

Then turn yours off too, please.

2. "My email is overwhelming."

Yours and mine both.

3. "I'm very busy!"

Do you know who you're talking to? College students are all very busy too!

4. "You don't know how good you have it. When I was in school..."

While I'm here for a nostalgic anecdote every once in a while, comparing one generation's problems to a totally different generation is quite a stretch.

5. "Undergraduate studies do not even matter in the long run."

I can see how this comment may not have been intended to offend, but then why are you spending your precious time instructing undergraduate courses, if these studies do not even matter?!

6. "I already have so much to grade!"

Perhaps maybe you could slow down with assigning us homework and scheduling exams? Just a thought...

7. "Seriously, I'm very busy!"

Seriously, us too! Signed, all college students.