7 Easy Self Care Tips

7 Easy Self Care Tips

Simple tips to care for and love yourself

4
7 Easy Self Care Tips
The Skinny Mirror

7 Easy Self Care Tips

Self-care is a thing that can be easily pushed aside in a busy, constantly on the go society. I say that self care should be high priority. Have you heard the thing about the air masks on a plane? Always put your mask on first before helping someone else. We need to care for ourselves before we can care for others.

1) Get enough sleep

I know how hard it is to stay up until four in the morning falling into the weird part of Youtube, but try to get your eight hours in. I promise, you’ll feel like a new person after getting into a routine of it.

2) Drink enough water

The recommended daily amount of water you should have is 8 eight-ounce glasses. It may sound like a far-fetched goal for those who don’t drink nearly that much water, but try to add in another glass everyday, or substitute water for another beverage throughout the day.

3) Have a personal mantra

A personal mantra is a word or phrase that holds meaning. It can be the perfect way to start the day. It gives you a positive frame of mind, and you have something to focus on or chant in times of trouble. One of my personal favorites is, “Today I choose joy.”

4) Talk to others

It’s very easy for some to slip into a very isolated state where they have to contact with others around them. It’s good for you to take some time and have a conversation with those around you, just to get yourself out, even if only for a brief period of time.

5) Do something you love

Do you enjoy writing, drawing, or knitting? Maybe you enjoy music or painting. Whatever you enjoy doing, try to make space in your schedule to include your passions.

6) Try yoga

Not only is yoga good for your physical health, it can help you to learn to center yourself and ease anxiety. Practicing yoga teaches meditation and balance, which have helped me personally to feel so much better physically, mentally, and spiritually.

7) Journal

Journaling can be an outlet where you express all the things you didn’t say out loud. Whether you want to write pages and pages about every detail of your day, or you just want to tell bits and pieces, writing about what you feel and what you are experiencing can help you get through many different struggles.