6 Things That I Am Thankful For

6 Things That I Am Thankful For

In amidst of all the chaos that comes with the holiday season, I wanted to stop and reflect on what I am thankful for this season.

68
6 Things That I Am Thankful For

Thanksgiving is honestly one of the best, if not the best holiday there is. All you do is eat and be with the people you love the most. Also, you reflect on what you are thankful for. As great as Thanksgiving is, it almost always gets lost during this season. With most students having a million assignments and exams around this time and then the planning for Christmas already starting, Thanksgiving can get lost in the dust. It becomes something we do not think about until the day of where we eat food and then go Black Friday shopping. We almost always forget about why Thanksgiving is special and the purpose of Thanksgiving.

Today I wanted to reflect on the things I am thankful for not just during Thanksgiving but every day.

My parents

Personal Photo

My parents are the first thing that came to my mind when I started writing this article. I am beyond thankful for my parents. They have done such a good job raising me and my brothers. They are the most compassionate, funny, and giving people I know. I do not know what I would do without them. I love being around them and they have given me such a great example on Christ's love, how to one day have a great marriage, and be a great parent. They truly are as one of my friends has told me, "perfect and relationship goals".

My Brothers

Personal Photo

I am very thankful for my brothers. They may have been a thorn in my side growing up but they truly are great people and I love having them in my life. They are fun to be around and some of the most funny people I know. Siblings are a blessing. You always have someone to do life with and lean back on when you need them. I enjoy the inside jokes, the card games we play, and the love and support I have with my brothers.

My Sisters-in-law

Personal Photo

My sisters-in-law are a blessing. I always wanted a sister and once my brothers got married, I finally had not one but two sisters! I finally had girls to bond with! They have been there to do my hair for all my school dances and they are just always fun to talk to. I am thankful to have them in my life. There are so many great things about them that I am thankful for.

My Nephew

Personal Photo

My nephew is the most perfect human being to ever exist. I love him so much he is just an energetic fun bundle of joy. I love having him in my life and cannot imagine a time before he was in it. He brings joy to everyone around him. I love being an aunt it is one of the most delightful things I have ever experienced. I am so thankful for this child and being able to see him grow up/develop his own personality.

My friends

Personal photo

I could not survive without my friends. I have always been appreciative of my friends but since starting/being in college I am so much more thankful for my friends. Being away from home and not always having my family around when life is too overbearing can be difficult, but having some amazing friends to talk to when life gets rough helps a lot. My friends have been there for me time and time again through every mental breakdown and I cannot thank them enough. I love having lunch with them every day, talking to them any time that I need, jamming in the car, going on late-night food runs, and just having an amazing support group to lift me up. I wish I could write about every one of them that I am thankful for and put a picture up with every one of them as well.

My sorority sisters

Personal Photo

I love being a part of my sorority. Joining Sigma Phi Lambda was one of the best choices I could have made when I came to college. Having a group of loving Christ-like sisters to do college with has been such a blessing. They are such a sweet, encouraging, and loving group of girls. I am constantly encouraged by them every week. It helped me feel like I had somewhere I belonged in college. It also helped me make friends so much faster. I am so thankful for this sorority.