The Four "F's" That Everyone Should Be Thankful For On Thanksgiving

What I consider to be the top things that people should be thankful for not just on "Turkey Day," but their everyday lives.

1128
Prepper Recon

Well, the holiday season is finally here and it starts with the wonderful and joyous day of Thanksgiving, which has always been one of my favorite holidays. While some might say that it has lost it's traditional meaning due to people being more drawn toward the shopping sales on "Black Thursday" the ever popular "Black Friday", and the online shopping spree day known as "Cyber Monday" to prepare for the Christmas season, Thanksgiving gives us the chance to be thankful for what we have in our lives, and how we should never take any of the blessings we have received for granted. So, I thought I would provide you with a list of what everyone should appreciate and acknowledge on Thanksgiving, and surprisingly they all start with the letter "F". Without further ado, here are the four "F's" that I think everybody should be thankful for not just on "Turkey Day," but everyday.

1. Friends

Friends are the people in your life who give you support, love, and a sense of always looking out for you and having your back, Not to mention, they are people that you share your life with and provide you with memorable moments of fun, laughter, and enjoyment to look back on. So for these lovely attributes and qualities that they provide, what better way to give thanks for your friends than by sending them a text saying "Happy Thanksgiving" or "Thanks for being a great friend," along with inviting them over to your house for Thanksgiving dinner and vice versa. Whether if it's a family friend, childhood friend, or a friend you just met, try to show them some love this Thanksgiving as a "thank you" for always being a big part of your life.

2. Football

\

I know it may seem silly for me to put this on a list of things to be thankful for on Thanksgiving and everyday, especially with the current controversies and low TV ratings involving NFL Football games. However, if you ask any fan of football like me, they will tell you that this is by far one of the biggest things they are most thankful for on Thanksgiving day. Now, while the game matchups on Thanksgiving might not provide the greatest entertainment in the world, especially whoever the Detroit Lions play, there is nothing better for the men in your families than to gather around the living room TV and watch NFL Football while eating turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. But since the playing and televising of NFL Football games on Thanksgiving has been going on for close to a century, it isn't surprising to realize that it is something to be thankful for, at least for males.

3. Food

From the pumpkin pie to the prized turkey, Thanksgiving dinner is something we always look forward to every year. However, while Thanksgiving is a day in which we give thanks to many things, food is without a doubt one of the top things we should give thanks for since we live off of it. But, we should also never take food for granted as well because there are families out in the world who are suffering from hunger and can't afford to provide food for themselves. So in that case, while you are out shopping for groceries to prepare your own family's Thanksgiving dinner this year, consider donating a turkey or any other types of foods to a local food pantry that gives out Thanksgiving dinners to families in need during the holidays. If I know anything about giving and being charitable, it can certainly go a long way for those in need, especially during the holiday season.

4. Family

Family means everything to us, especially during the holidays. So, It's pretty obvious that this would be known as the most important word that begins with the letter "F" to be thankful for on Thanksgiving since it is one of the primary reasons why we celebrate this holiday, It is one of those few days, along with Christmas, where a whole family can come together to eat a whole meal while greeting each other with love and each other's company. Also, holidays like Thanksgiving allow us the chance to connect and reunite ourselves with family members that live a long distance away or out of state, and that we haven't seen in a long period of time. However, if there is that one person in your family who tries to stay away from family functions and refuses to talk to any relatives, consider reaching out to them during this holiday season and invite them to your Thanksgiving dinner while treating them by how a family member treats a family member, with love and respect. As a result, maybe this will end up changing their mindset and encourage them to come to many more family functions in the future. To all of us, family is everything and without it we wouldn't have stability. So, from my family to yours, have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!