10 Bible Verses That Remind Us To Be Thankful
popular

With Thanksgiving, I'll be a living sanctuary for you.

70601
Kimberly Vardeman/Flickr

Thanksgiving is finally here! It is the season of thanks, and for me, I am thankful for many things in my life. As I grow older, I become more grateful for the little things in life.

I know that every good thing comes from God and he has blessed me with so much more in life than I could ever imagine. So in this season of thanks, here are 10 Bible verses that remind us to always give our God thanks and live lives of gratitude.

1. Psalm 28:7

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him."

2. 1 Chronicles 16:8

"Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done."

3. Colossians 2:6-7

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."

4. 1 Timothy 4:4-5

"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer."

5. Colossians 3:15

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."

6. Phillipians 4:6

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

7. Jeremiah 30:19

"From them will come songs of thanksgiving and the sound of rejoicing. I will add to their numbers, and they will not be decreased; I will bring them honor, and they will not be disdained."

8. 1 Corinthians 1:4

"I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus."

9. Revelation 11:17

“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign."

10. Psalm 100:4

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name."