6 Truths All Picky Eaters Know
Food Drink

6 Truths Every Picky Eater Understands

The worst part about being a picky eater is how much everyone else cares that you are a picky eater.

149
6 Truths Every Picky Eater Understands
Cameron Ducey

When you are a picky eater, one thing becomes apparent, very quickly. This is the fact that so many other people care that you are a picky eater. Why? WHO KNOWS! Whether you despise a certain food, just like your food separate, or are even allergic to certain foods, some people will never understand. Here are six truths that come with being a picky eater.

1. People always tell you that you are a picky eater.

"You are soooo picky", okay? Did I ask? Does this bother you? Some people are just so troubled by the fact that not everyone enjoys the same food. My favorite color is purple, do I act like someone who likes blue is an alien from another planet? NOPE! It's not hard people! Getting told you are a picky eater just because you prefer your food one way or are even allergic to foods is one of the most frustrating things.

2. They will try to get you to try food.

"Here, please try this! It is soooo good!", yes I have had a sweet potato before, and I do not like them, so stop making me try them everywhere we go. Learn to accept the fact that I don't like the food, and here is the epiphany, you can still like them! That's right, you can eat food I do not particularly enjoy without forcing me to try it.

3. They think you are just being difficult.

This is the number one worst thing you can do to someone, talk about uncomfortable! Some people genuinely get sick by eating certain foods, and pestering them about it makes them feel guilty about not being able to eat something. Whether it is intentional or not, please try to watch the way you treat a picky eater. Most of the time, we can make it work with something on the menu, or just have a snack hidden somewhere. So, please just carry on with conversation instead of drilling someone about their eating habits.

4. They will call you out in front of people.

Just kidding, this might also be tied for the worst things you can do to someone. Pleaassseee, never do this to a friend or family member. Personally, if someone makes me food, I will give it a try as long as I am not allergic to it, but once someone announces that you already do not like it before you even try it, things get awkward. But for starters, it is not anyone's place to announce this, which troubles me as to why it happens so often. Just eat your food in peace, and let everyone else sit in peace!

5. They will make such a commotion if you try a food.

"OMG!! EVERYONE LOOK!! I TOLD YOU IT WAS GOOD!!", there is actually no need for this. You probably would have gotten your credit for suggesting this before you obnoxiously claimed it yourself, wrong move people!! You just look ridiculous and you made the other person uncomfortable, so check yourself before you wreck yourself.

6. They truly, do not understand what it is like.

As silly as this all sounds, this one is more serious. People just don't know what it is like growing up with your stomach constantly in pain, but people telling you that you are just too picky. Or throwing up so many times during school but not telling anyone because over the years it just gets old. Finding out that you are allergic to wheat, soy, milk, eggs, basically everything, makes life challenging, and it becomes worse when people just treat you like you are being prissy. While I can eat most things with wheat and soy, there are some exceptions, or some stuff that isn't worth the stomach ache! I understand it is hard to understand completely, but if we all try a little harder, some people's lives will be a little more easier!

If you are a picky eater, I hope you find this super relatable, and know I understand the struggles! Whether you are vegetarian, gluten-free, have other allergies, or just simply do not like certain foods, own it! It's all good to eat what you wish and not eat what you can't or don't want to. If you are not a picky eater, I hope this article gave you some understanding and maybe now you can better know how to treat a picky eater!