What It's Like Dating A Picky Eater

What It's Like Dating A Picky Eater

Cheese pizza, chicken nuggets, french fries, and repeat

486
What It's Like Dating A Picky Eater
Flickr/RossCatrow

*Goes to Olive Garden*

Me: I'll take the endless salad and the Shrimp Scampi and a side of soup

Him: I'll take spaghetti with just marinara, please.

*Goes to pizza place*

Me: Can I get my half with pepperoni, black olives, green peppers, and banana peppers?

Him: Just cheese, please.

*Goes to Mexican place*

Him: Do you all have chicken tenders and fries?

Having a picky boyfriend isn't a bad thing, but sometimes it can be a little difficult to find somewhere to eat. I've tried time and time again to get him to try new things, but he just won't budge. It can be difficult dating someone who is a picky eater, but I've learned what he likes and how to adapt to his lifestyle. I've gotten it all down to a science: what he likes, doesn't like (which is a longer list), and where he will and won't eat. It's a tricky process, but it's always one that I'm willing to make.

It probably gets boring for the person your dating to hear "you really won't eat that?" or "Just try it!" But, I just can't help it, because sometimes I just can't believe that he won't eat certain things! It's always the same things too: Pizza, french fries, chicken nuggets, repeat. He also has to eat things made a certain way.

For instance, he likes Mac and Cheese, but only his moms Mac and Cheese (which, there's nothing wrong with that because her Mac and Cheese is amazing). When it comes to condiments, the only ones that he will consume are ketchup (lots and lots and LOTS of ketchup) and grape jelly. When he comes to visit, though, you better believe that I have all of his favorite foods on hand.

First, I prepare my dinner and then I prepare his. We usually end up eating different things, but that doesn't matter to me. You know why? Because that means more for me!

I've never dated a picky eater before, so it's always a new challenge every day to see what he will and will not try.

One time, I got him to eat salad, but he spits it out in disgust saying "See? I told you that I hated salad." From then on, it was my goal to make him try all different kinds of foods. If he said he doesn't like it or won't eat it, I'll always ask "Well have you ever tried it?" Nine times out of ten, he'll say he hasn't, and that's when I make him try it.

Most times, he hates it, but sometimes, very rarely, he kinda likes what I make him try! I've recently gotten him out of his comfort zone by eating chicken quesadillas and BBQ chicken.

When you date a picky eater, you also can't help but think in their mindset all the time when it comes to buying and cooking food. A lot of the time, I find myself making super simple foods, even when I'm just cooking for one.

They aren't kidding when they say you adapt to your significant other. I'm usually a person who likes to have a lot of toppings on her pizza, but lately, I've only been craving cheese pizza! Sometimes, I'll even crave french fries, which is SO unusual for me.

It's also interesting to see what he will actually eat. He loves all kinds of fruit but hates every kind of vegetable except for green beans and corn. He will only eat cheese pizza, and likes spaghetti, but only with marinara with no meat in sight.

Oh, and he could also eat pickles all day. I'm also CONVINCED that he could like off cheese pizza, hot dogs, and french fries. He likes the most random things, but as long as he can always find something to eat, then I'm happy!

Like I said, it's not always easy dating someone who is a super picky eater, but when you love someone a whole lot, then that little stuff doesn't matter! I'm just happy he loves pizza and ice cream as much as I do, or else we would really have some problems.