6 Reasons Working Out With A Friend Is So Much Better

Everyone needs one--a good workout buddy.

25
Our Body Book

1. Someone to hold you accountable.

Having a workout partner means that you can't make excuses such as "It's raining" or "I'm tired, I'll take the day off." You and your partner have a date with exercise and they will NOT be stood up. You have to throw on your running shoes and go conquer the day, well, because your friend said so.

2. Someone to put you in your place.

When you have a good workout, of course confidence is a great thing. However, your workout partner can be your small reminder that you have many more goals to reach and you better not get slack.

3. Someone to selfie with.

Everyone knows that you didn't actually go to the gym unless all of your followers know you were there. Your workout partner will snap super cute pics and vids of you doing those box jumps, or not so cute ones running those stadiums. Either way, at least Instagram knows you are both #fit.

4. Someone to celebrate with.

After said selfie, you can celebrate how great you look with your post-workout glow (because you and your workout buddy don't sweat...you sparkle, right?)

5. Someone who understands.

Man know no pain like the pain after leg day. It's good to have a workout partner you can complain to, who understands that walking up those stairs, or sitting in that chair really is the absolute worst thing in the world. Maybe, if you're lucky, you'll find someone crazy enough to want to do it again soon.

6. Someone who motivates you.

This is the most important part of having a workout partner. When you're ready to give up, sweating uncontrollably, on the brink of death, your workout partner is going to push you and tell you things that make you want to run another mile. Also, you need someone who won't let you feel guilty about that ice cream you snuck in, they'll probably order one with you.