6 Reasons Why Adulting Isn't So Bad

6 Reasons Why Adulting Isn't So Bad

"I don't want to adult today" is probably said on the daily...but here's why you should.

55
6 Reasons Why Adulting Isn't So Bad

You know, I'm not a fan of adulting a whole lot either...there are days where I would rather hang out at home watching movies or doing whatever all day, over going to school and work ANY DAY. But really, it's not always that bad!

1. You get to make your own rules

This is something we have dreamed of since we were kids. We were always having to do what our parents told us whether we wanted to or not, and now you get to do what you want. Because you're an adult!

2. At some point, You're probably gonna get to live with some of your best friends

And how can you not love that?! I mean really, it's like a slumber party every night. Seriously, the bomb.

3. You learn some responsibility

You may have done chores here and there, but did you ever really clean the whole house by yourself? Probably not. You have to do your own laundry now, and actually clean. The kitchen, your room, the living room, everything, because you can't just live like a slob all your life. You also have to learn when to go out and when to stay home and do homework. I know, hardest decision ever, but trust me on this, you'll be glad you did when that assignment is due tomorrow and you already finished it.

4. The older you get, the more you actually enjoy school.

I know, that's crazy right? But think about it. When you accomplish a task in something as complicated as a college class, the excitement is unreal. You have a true goal to look forward to, your dream job. When you get that, (no matter how long it takes), I can promise that your sense of pride in yourself of gonna be over the top!

5. You appreciate your parents way more

You may have shown some appreciation when you were younger. A thank you here and there, maybe even a gift or dinner every once in awhile. But none of that compares to the appreciation you feel once you move out on your own. You understand (at least a little) in what they went through for you. You see how expensive groceries are and begin to realize how much things cost and see how much they have sacrificed for you and if that doesn't make you wanna give them the world, then I don't know what will.

6. You get to find yourself

Your whole life, somebody was telling you what to do and how to act, but when you move out on your own, there's no one to do that anymore. You have to figure out those things on your own, and as scary as that sounds, it's not such a bad thing. You need this time to learn how to grow into your own personality and become your own person. And that is what adulting is all about.