6 Memes For Those Mid Semester Feels

6 Memes For Those Mid Semester Feels

I'm fine, everything's fine *starts bawling*
374

Alas, mid semester is here and we are swamped with piles of academic work as well as numerous extracurricular events and responsibilities. After fall break, I really did not want to come back to school because I knew I had so much work to do, and the rest of the school year is going to be the same way. I have noticed everyone else around me is also so busy, so I found some memes to sum up those mid semester feels.

October has begun and professors are already discussing the midterm exam coming up in a few weeks. This means every professor has schedule an exam or major project or paper around the same time as every other professor. And, I am sure it is coincidence that this happens, but it can be very stressful. Mid term season is upon us, so prepare to hunker down in the library, drink copious amounts of water and probably caffeine, and sleep less than 8 hours every night.

This is the time of year when people start to realize their grade depends on some participation and therefore must do so in class. In many classes, students tend to say anything they can come up with for the sake of their grade. And, I totally think that is okay. Trust me, I have done it. But, mid term season is also the time when people are very stressed and easily on edge, hence the sass level can be very high. The one thing I despise about mid terms the most is when people compete to see who is more stressed. You know, when you get six hours of sleep and are barely functioning and your friend tells you he or she only got two hours of sleep and look at them! Excuse you, this is not a competition to see who can be sleep the least, spend the most hours in the library, or even drink the most amount of caffeine. First of all, it's not healthy. Second of all, it's rude. Please, don't try to one up everyone you talk to because everyone is stressed during mid terms.

When you are just too busy to do all of your homework and study, sometimes you have to skip class to prepare for another class. Students are often involved in many extracurricular activities, and trying to balance that with academics plus maintaining your own health can be hard. I would personally rather get at least six hours of sleep and choose to skip a class than pull an all nighter but get all my work done. I have yet to pull an all nighter, and I really hope I do not have to any time soon. You and your brain need time to sleep and recover, so make sure you keep yourself in check as well as your school work.

In the first few days of class, it is so exciting to be back at school with all your friends, so students often take lots of notes. Then, about two weeks in, you realize doing the readings is not necessary and you can just take notes in class. Then, you realize the professor uploads the powerpoints to Blackboard, so what's the point of taking notes too? Then, you get to studying for the midterm and decide to consult your notes on a subject you are a little confused about, only to realize you did not take notes that day. I am a copious note taker, and always find myself doing better on midterm and final exams if I have taken notes than if I do not.

Sometimes you just have those days where your brain is overloaded with information from cramming for tests, preparing presentations, and writing papers that you just want to lay in bed and maybe have a glass of wine. I recommend asking for pictures of your dog or cat, and also taking some "you" time. I am all to familiar with the midsemester break down, and always feel better after taking time for myself and talking to my mom.

This mid semester time can really take a toll on your mental health. It can be really hard to remember to take care of yourself when you're so focused on homework, tests, presentations, and papers. I have been known to forget to eat lunch and dinner, don't do that. It is so bad for your body to not have energy and fuel to use for those late nights in the library. Please remember to take care of yourself first.