6 Cheap Halloween Costume Ideas

6 Cheap Halloween Costume Ideas

For the college student with a budget

35
6 Cheap Halloween Costume Ideas

It may only be the beginning of September but, let's talk about Halloween. Before you know it, it will be the week before Halloween and you still need at least two costumes for the festivities that occur that week and weekend. So, here are 5 costume ideas so you don't have to stress about that frat party so you can focus on that Math test instead.

1. Harley Quinn

This costume unless you are very crafty will require many items you need to buy, like the signature "Daddy's Lil Monster" shirt. Also, you may want to leave the bat at home once you leave your apartment. If you go ahead and do your shopping now, you'll be all set on the day of, and since it's September and you're already thinking about it, you have plenty of time.

2. Boo from Monsters Inc.

This costume is so simple and comfortable. I was boo last year and it was my best costume. I just wore purple leggings, an oversized pink t-shirt and white converse. I put my hair in a pony and was ready. It was super easy but yet really cute. It's a character from everyone's favorite childhood movie, so it's sure to strike up a conversation.

3.Giraffe

If you don't want to but the suit then I'd suggest buying a yellow oversized shirt and make shapes that resemble the spots with tape and painting it with brown paint. Wear whatever black shoes you want. Do however much or little you want with your makeup and use your hair to make the horns. The same goes for any onesies you may have hiding in your closet. Dinosaur? Lion? The possibilities are endless. Just hope Halloween is a cold night.

4.Aztec Princess

This is just a different take on the classic Pocahontas. The main difference is with the makeup. There are more color and face paint than with Pocahontas. With this, you can get very creative and do many different outfits and makeup. Look to see what either fits in your tight budget or with what you want to wear and have fun with this look.

5. Alien

Got a metallic dress? Some boots? Then you're set! Head over to the store and get a funky colored wig or some coloring hair spray and you'll be ready to go to another planet in this super easy costume.

6. Loofah

Hear me out here. One of my friends did this last Halloween and it was hilarious. All you need is some elastic, tulle, and white rope/cord. Put on a strapless dress or tank top and shorts, tie the elastic around you, and then ball the tulle up and tie it around the elastic. Viola! A costume that is sure to grab plenty of attention, and is hilarious at the same time.