6 Things That Are Good For the Soul

6 Things That Are Good For the Soul

Happiness all the way to the core is easier than you may think.

7257
6 Things That Are Good For the Soul
picture lava

There are many things out there to make you smile: the sunshine on a presumed rainy day, your favorite flowers blooming, the perfect day to wear your favorite sweater. But, above the small things, there also things that make you feel good all the way deep in your soul. It sounds lame, but while the little wins might feel good, the big ones can make you feel great. Below are six things that are good for the soul.

1. Live Concerts

There is nothing better than listening to your favorite music, the only thing is maybe listening to that music live. While some may fear the crowds, the noise, and the whole situation, I don't think I've ever experienced something so incredible. There is nothing let letting loose with a close friend and screaming your favorite lyrics to your favorite songs while they're playing right in front of you. No matter the age, you're never too young or old to enjoy your favorite musicians playing your songs right in front of you. The memories will be long-lasting and incredible, and will make you feel good for a long while after.

2. Interacting with Animals

Big, small, cat, dog, horse, furry creatures are likely to warm your heart. Dogs are used as therapy animals because of how wonderful they are. Many animals visit kids and seniors to brighten their days. No matter how old or young, a visit to or from a furry friend can make you feel good. Working with, owning, or maybe just loving an animal can remind you how pure and wonderful love can be. It's sure to make you happy, there's a special place in everyone's heart for pets. Being around a sweet animal is sure to brighten your day, if not your week.

3. Allowing Yourself to Take Small (or Large) Risks

Sometimes taking a risk means buying a shirt you don't think you'd ever wear, and sometimes taking a risk can mean talking to someone you have a crush on. Risks big or small can be good for you. A thrill of a risk might seem scary, and even if it goes wrong, you'll always know that you did something and continued with no regrets. If the risk works out it could be a happy memory, a happy moment. Taking a risk can be, and usually are, decently scary, but the payoff can be more than worth it.

4. Art

In any form. Portraits, novels, gardens, poetry, anything artistic is always good for the soul. Seeing a beautiful sculpture with meaning can make you feel good, or reading a novel that enlightens you. Art is good for the soul,m truly and entirely. There isn't a piece of art I've regretted seeing or hasn't brought something. Something beautiful for the eyes, and something wonderful for your insides. Art is something specials we have and often underappreciated, but I think it's something essential to living.

5. Letting Things Go

Sometimes bad things happen. It's a plain and simple fact of life that not every day is good, and not every friendship or relationship lasts forever. People hurt others, and people get hurt. It's a small, and often horrific, fact of life. One thing that can be good is to let these things go. I don't mean that it's always right to forgive someone who hurt you, but sometimes it's good for yourself to let go. Be it the best friend who stabbed you in the back, the person who cheated on you, or maybe something worse, you often have to let things go. Pain can hold a burden over you, or even cause you to be bitter and unhappy. Letting go of painful things for our own sake is good for you. You don't have to forgive the one who did wrong, but more times than not, it's best to make peace with yourself so you can carry on.

6. Owning Who You Are

Last, but certainly not least, is owning who you are. For many people having the confidence to own every quirk, flaw, and every other wonderful part of yourself isn't easy. Young, old, boy, girl, we all find flaws in ourselves, and we all do/considering changing things to make ourselves better. The fact of the matter is that you're incredible how you are. No matter who you are, what age, size, gender, the best thing you can do for yourself is to own that. Own your frizzy hair, own your large feet, own the fact that you are different. If you can own who you are, there's nothing better you can do for yourself.

Everyone wants to be happy, and everyone wants to feel fulfilled. Making yourself truly happy all the way down to your soul, to the lining of your being is important. While there are many ways to do this, the few I've listed I hope can help. If you take anything from this, take that just small things can make you happy, more than just happy for a moment if you let the memory resonate and touch you. Make yourself happy all the way to your soul is something you'll never regret.