6 Products That Are Key To Perfect Skin

6 Products That Are Key To Perfect Skin

Bring out a celestial glow by using these everyday essentials.
2238

My struggle with acne has often brought me unprompted "This will do miracles for your skin" suggestions, such as 'just drink more water.' Unfortunately for many of us, attaining flawless, acne-free skin doesn't come as easy. Taking care of your own skin is personal—it varies from person to person. The following includes products I have been using to reduce my acne and scarring, helping me to feel more confident on days I choose to go without makeup.

1. Rose Hip Seed Oil

Rose hip grows on rose plants and is rich in vitamin C. This fruit is commonly used as an antioxidant and is also used in herbal teas, reducing inflammation in the body. However, when extracted as a seed, the oil contains less vitamin C and more vitamin A, another powerful antioxidant.

Rose hip seed oil can reduce the appearance of acne scars, fine lines, and wrinkles, and can promote soft, glowing skin. It is important to not directly apply this product onto active acne, as it can clog pores. Rose hip seed oil can alternatively be used to remove dandruff.

My favorite one I've been using in the morning is Kate Blanc 100% Rosehip Seed oil ($12.95/1oz).

2. Jojoba Oil

The jojoba nut is full of restorative properties that make it a great oil for moisturizing hair and skin. This wound-healing oil can be used to treat sunburns, and the iodine found inside fights against harmful bacteria which can lead to breakouts. This oil promotes soft, radiant skin, and is a must-have in any skin routine. Jojoba will not clog pores, as opposed to rose hip.

You can use Kate Blanc Jojoba Oil ($9.99/2oz) in your shampoo/conditioner or as a part of your moisturizing routine.

3. Snail Cream

Although it may not seem appealing to the ear, snail cream has been proven to minimize acne scarring and promote healthy, moisturized skin. This extract is known to boost collagen and reduce inflammation of the skin. Snail filtrate use in cosmetics and skin care has been increasing, especially in Korean skin care.

You can find this product on Amazon or on Korean skincare websites. Here is one by Portugal Cosmetics ($14.20/1.94oz).

4. Rosewater

Queen Cleopatra of Egypt was a huge supporter of the healing properties that rosewater has to offer. Similar to rose hip seed oil, rosewater carries antioxidant properties and can reduce redness and irritation of the skin. It smooths the skin and helps produce a radiant complexion, making this blessing in a bottle perfect for dull skin.

Rosewater comes in many different forms, but my two favorites I have been using are the Thayers Witch Hazel Rose toner ($6.99/12 fl oz) and the Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray ($7.00/4 fl oz).

5. Zinc supplements

Sometimes the best thing you can do for your skin (and body) is to monitor your diet by drinking more water, or in other cases, using vitamin supplements. Zinc is known to promote the wound-healing process, resulting in reduced scarring and the treatment of acne. Zinc is also used to delay aging, and it improves the immune system.

Zinc Supplements ($13.48/200 ct) are available on Amazon, or at your nearest grocery store.

6. Azelaic Acid

Comparable to benzoyl peroxide, Azelaic Acid’s antioxidants reduce redness and acne while combating scaring. Simultaneously, the acid brightens the skin, producing a vibrant, ethereal glow.

My favorite one is the The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% ($7.90/30ml).