6 Degrees Of Frat-Boy Break-Up
relationships

6 Degrees Of Frat-Boy Break-Up

What it feels like to be broken up with by a college frat boy. Girls, hear me out.

576
6 Degrees Of Frat-Boy Break-Up

Dealing with a breakup or "catching feelings," these poems relate the unsaid feelings girls experience mid-relationship or post-break-up, especially after dating "Mr. Hot-Shot" on campus.

These poems are in the order of the thoughts and stages after a breakup from a girl's perspective.

1. "Feelings"

You know they are coming
You try to
suppress
avoid
conceal
abolish &
destroy them
Yet, here they are
You caught them

"Feelings" by Gabriel Rye

"Why Can't He Love Me"

Entering slowly, He came like a thief in the night
Sharing His thoughts and feelings, Childhood memories
Creating a story She could only wished to have been apart of
Building Himself up, Tearing Her guard down

Embracing Her body, but never Her soul
Loving the high, but never the girl
Ruining Her innocence
And breaking Her trust

The cycle repeats
Holding hands with Yet another
Sharing a kiss with a few
Breaking Their hearts, His insecurities

He calls Them crazy
They call him drunk late at night
When will She know She is worth more
When will She love Herself the way She wants Him too

"The Cycle Repeats" by Gabriel Rye

3. "W.T.F"

W. why do I give more of myself to those who don't appreciate me
T. too many times I've been hurt, yet I keep letting my guard down
F. for all the times I've heard fake "i love you"s

"W.T.F" by Gabriel Rye

4. "Late Night Thoughts"

I do not know if it's my eyes wondering for something more or my heart.
~11:28 pm

"November 06th, 2018" by Gabriel Rye

5. "Uneasy"

overwhelmed.
feelings overflowing.
my walls being torn down.
shut out once again.
your eyes were cold.
yet i felt warm with you.
more work.
more responsibility.
less money.
less time.
i gave my time to you.
wasted energy.
needing the high once again.
im uneasy.

-the unspoken thoughts of a college student

"Uneasy" by Gabriel Rye

While many of these poems are pessimistic, they also relate the true sentiments girls feel after

a break-up. Hopefully, if you are going through a breakup or rough patch in your relationship,

these poems let you know that you are not alone and you will come out stronger and better than

before. While not all frat boys are bad, this experience has made it more clear of how girls

(and myself) should be treated. Do not ever settle for less than what you deserve. College is a time to find yourself and learn from your experiences, so enjoy your life and maybe even try talking to that cute athlete that sits

next to you in your Calculus class?