6 books you need to read in 2018

6 books you need to read in 2018

If one of your New Year's resolutions for 2018 is to read more, check out this list for some great books.
815

1. The Charlotte Holmes series by Brittany Cavallaro

These books were easily 2 of my favorites that I read in 2017. Remember The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes books that you read as a kid? This series is a modern-day spin on the beloved books but with Charlotte Holmes and Jamie Watson as the great-great-great grandchildren of the original Holmes and Watson. When the 2 finally meet at their Connecticut boarding school, chaos begins to follow them as the 2 teens solve mysteries. With 2 books already in the series and the third and final one coming in March, the Charlotte Holmes series will have you wishing that you had Charlotte's wit and a best friend like Jamie.

2. Turtles All The Way Down by John Green

John Green. Need I say more? I got this book for Christmas this year and can't wait to start reading it. With reviews saying that it is one of the most accurate depictions of mental illness, this book is so important if you too are struggling and need to know that you're not alone.

3. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero

I was 2 pages into the introduction of this book when I realized that it was modeling my life completely. If you want 2018 to be a goal setting year or if you are a human being who wants to be a better person, you need to read this book. This book is so important and helps you realize your goals and how to accomplish them effectively. Such a great read.

4. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

If you're looking for an easy-read, romance novel with a twist, My Life Next Door is definitely a book you should pick up. Unlike most romance novels that are about some impossible relationship, this book actually depicts a realistic one. Samantha and Jase are such a cute couple and Jase may be one of the best boyfriends ever depicted in a book. There's also a major twist near the end of the book that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

5. Yes Please by Amy Poehler

If you haven't already read this book yet, you definitely need to in 2018. Her life story is so relatable and honest. Plus you'll be laughing throughout every chapter of this book. All hail to Queen Leslie Knope.

6. Commencement by J Courtney Sullivan

I read this book my sophomore year of high school but after re-reading it as a freshman in college, I was able to relate so much more to it. Commencement is a story of 4 unlikely friends who meet their freshman year at Smith College and is told from their 4 different viewpoints as they continue throughout college and into the real world. I was able to recognize parts of myself in all of the main characters, especially Celia because of my Catholic upbringing. Although considered "chick-lit" this book is a great read for any girl currently trying to find themselves in college.