500 Words On Dating (Or Not)

500 Words On Dating (Or Not)

Please do what makes you happy

836
500 Words On Dating (Or Not)
return of kings

Whether you’re into guys or girls, or both. Whether you believe in waiting till marriage, or not. Whether you think kissing on the first date is a sin, or a blessing. Do what makes you h-a-p-p-y. As teenagers or young adults, it’s almost a promise that no matter what we do, there will be someone or something that will try to get in the way of it. Don’t let them.

In this day and age, dating apps such as Tinder or Bumble are growing in popularity, the term “talking” is at an all time high, and FWB (friends with benefits) is quite common. The older population wastes no time in putting their two worth’s into the conversation saying that chivalry is dead, that kids these days are scared to make a commitment and talk to each other face to face, and that we throw our bodies around carelessly. I for one, do not believe in any of these things. Is social media growing? Yes. Are the opportunities to meet people and communicate with one another growing too? YES. It’s no lie that the world in which we live in is changing tremendously and that dating is nothing like it used to be. We don’t have to call our crushes on their landlines, or go on formal dates out to eat or to a movie in order to have a relationship. Communication and entertainment is at the tip of our fingers. Food can be delivered to our doors; Netflix can be watched in bed. Not only can we text and call, but we can Facetime and Skype, we can DM and share posts to each other on Facebook. We can tag each other in pictures on Instagram and recommend a pin on Pinterest. Some might say this is ruining the traditional idea of having a relationship with someone, others may say this is making “dating” easier and more exciting than ever.

Whatever your opinion may be, I think it’s only fair that you keep it to yourself. So what she’s interested in both guys and girls. Or he met a girl on a dating app instead of at work or in class. Or more importantly, they slept together before they had a formal commitment, were engaged, or married. If someone is happy, Let. Them. Be. You’ve heard it, I’ve heard it, we all have heard it: Life is too short to be unhappy. People are allowed to have different opinions and beliefs. They’re allowed to be with whoever they want, whenever they want, and however they please. It’s as simple as that. It doesn’t make them a sinner, a slut, or a bad person. It makes them human.

Whether you’re single, crushing, talking, hanging out, or dating. Do what makes you happy.