50 Questions For The University Of Central Oklahoma

Questions all Bronchos are dying to have the answer to.

367
LeAnne Howe

1. Why are UCO's season openers always on a weeknight?

2. Why did you get rid of the Starbucks in the library? It isn't the same without it.

3. Our mascot is Buddy Broncho. Have you ever considered getting an ACTUAL Broncho horse as a mascot for during games? OSU has one!

4. This one is fo all the Frats and Sororities on campus. WHY did you get rid of Spring Sing?! It was the ONE event that was for Sororities and Fraternities only!

5. Why won't you make housing more affordable for students?

6. WHY WHY WHY do make freshman take Success Central?

7. Why do you force us to update our UConnect passwords every 90 days and not allow special characters?

8. Why won't you give commuters more parking spaces?? There are like, I don't know, over 10,000 of us?

9. Why are there stop signs every. twenty. feet. on Bauman? And on University Dr.?

10. Why haven't you enforced the "no tests/projects during dead week" rule?

11. Since Philosophy is of zero use to the majority of majors, why do we waste our time and money with the class? (Refer to question 6)

12. Why do you increase tuition nearly 10% each fall, yet not increase financial aid? Not all of us grew up in Oak Tree and have everything handed to us.

13. Winter Break was only three weeks this year. Does that mean we get two for Spring Break? Or do we get screwed out of one week of off-time this year?

14. How does UCO determine if classes should be cancelled or not? Literally, EVERY school in the area canceled classes on Friday but you still opened despite ten car pile-ups on the highway only four miles away.

15. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS IMPORTANT. Why, WHY do you allow teachers to choose custom books that cost hundreds of dollars and allow teachers to require a book that will literally never be used? I spent $150 on ONE book last semester and I NEVER used it and can't sell it back.

16. Why not get rid of that nasty sushi place in the Nigh? (we all know no one ever eats there)

17. Want us to buy food from The Market? How about pricing it lower? We can go downstairs and get the same drink out of a vending machine for .54 less (not including tax).

18. Why not cater more to commuters, which make up a HUGE majority of your demographic?

19. Instead of fancy housing plans, why not (you know what I'm going to say) have more parking for COMMUTERS?

20. Why do you hold tours for prospective students during the first month of the semester?

21. Do you purposefully make it impossible to get comfortable in a seat?

22. You do realize that left-handed people exist, right?

23. Why is there only one elevator in the entire Education building?

24. Why don't you offer payment plans for parking permits or textbooks--two things you require us to purchase?

25. Why does the College of Education background check have to be so specific?

26. Why not tie in with the state background check system?

27. Why only offer certain classes during certain times and semesters?

28. If you want us to park in the north lots, why not offer a shuttle that loops around campus every ten minutes so we aren't late to class?

29. Why does the LAR Student Printing Lab have to be so small and so busy?

30. Why not create an incentive program for those of us who do not want to go into debt and take out loans to pay for college?

31. Why not give work-study students priority for on-campus jobs?

32. Why can't you fix your parking lots?

33. Why does it cost 13 DOLLARS to eat at Buddy's???

34. Why schedule finals on Fridays?

35. Why is FSI 106 infested with dive-bombing wasps, yet you've done nothing?

36. Why did you overhaul Uconnect and make it really confusing?

37. Why does the NUC Starbucks close at 9? You do realize there are plenty of us that just want their Venti black coffee with 4 shots of espresso after 9pm?

38. Why is there not another place to eat besides the Nigh, Buddy's, or The Grill?

39. Why do our student activities fees pay for Stampede Week artists that a ton of us don't care about?

40. Why not give us the option to choose who we want as our Stampede Week concert?

41. Why do you allow blatant favoritism of a certain sorority year after year despite better work and performances of others???

42. Why don't we have an ice cream place?

43. What is the point of Plunkett Park? Why can't we just put a parking lot there?

44. Why has no one tried to buy barefoot Jesus a pair of shoes or give him somewhere to shower? Those crusty feet are NASTY.

45. Why do you have to pay 10 cents to print a single sheet of paper in the library yet the printer doesn't print?

46. Why isn't there more parking at the library? It isn't exactly fun to walk across campus at midnight with no emergency stations like the major universities have.

47. Why isn't Wantland Hall air conditioned? I was in it once for 30 minutes and could barely breathe from the heat.

48. What's the deal with the whole BroncHos thing?

49. Why does everyone think people only go to UCO because they can't get into OSU or OU?

50. Will you ever stop being where I belong?

I know I talk smack about TPS a lot but I can't see myself anywhere else besides UCO. Honor Bronze and Blue. ROLL CHOS!!!