Discover 50 Exciting Things To Look Forward To In Life

50 Things To Look Forward To In Life

That will keep you from looking back

38515
sunset in a neighborhood
Melody Tamminen

I am one of those people who enjoys to “live in the moment.” I don’t put much thought into the future because it could change at the drop of a hat, and I don’t like to think about the past because what’s done is done. With that being said, I do like to think of all of the things I have to look forward to in life as I grow up just because it keeps me motivated. There are so many opportunities for growth at 19 I haven't quite gotten to experience yet, and there are so many adventures awaiting me as my life progresses. These are just a few of the millions of things that many people have to look forward to in life.

1. Turning 18
  2. Graduating high school
  3. Getting your first REAL job/paycheck
  4. Heading to college and being on your own
  5. Stepping out of your comfort zone
  6. woman in green and black long sleeve shirt holding white flower Photo by Mor Shani on Unsplash

7. Not having a care in the world (for a short time)
  8. Finding a hobby
  9. Spontaneous road trips with your best friends
  10. Getting your first boyfriend/girlfriend
  11. Starting your college classes
  12. a group of students in a classroom Photo by Timur Shakerzianov on Unsplash

13. Learning, learning, and more learning
  14. Certifying in your major/majors
  15. Figuring out what you want to do when you’re older
  16. Turning 21 – Your last big birthday before you just become “old”
  17. Attending your favorite artists’ concerts
  18. people watching band on the stage Photo by Tijs van Leur on Unsplash

19. Failing, but learning from your failures
  20. Living in your own apartment
  21. Graduating college
  22. Stepping out into the real world on your own
  23. Learning how to be independent, and taking your time to figure out what you want in life
  24. woman standing on road's pedestrian lane Photo by Hannah Busing on Unsplash

25. Getting your first credit card
  26. Traveling the world
  27. Buying your first car
  28. The many sunsets/sunrises that will take your breath away
  29. Meeting your future husband/wife
  30. silhouette of hugging couple Photo by Oziel Gómez on Unsplash

31. Getting married to the love of your life
  32. Planning your wedding
  33. Going on your honeymoon
  34. Buying your first house
  35. Designing/decorating your first home
  36. gray wooden house Photo by todd kent on Unsplash

37. Having “adult” parties where you get to host
  38. Sitting on the couch drinking wine/beer with your spouse after a long day at work
  39. Finding out you're going to be a parent
  40. Having your first child
  41. Building a family
  42. family photo on green grass during golden hour Photo by Jessica Rockowitz on Unsplash

43. Learning how to raise a child to the best of your ability, and not being perfect at it
  44. Watching your parents become grandparents
  45. Spending sunny days outside enjoying the weather with all your favorite people
  46. Spending rainy days in your pajamas, watching movies, and never leaving the couch
  47. Your first Christmas/Holiday as a family
  48. man and woman sitting on white snow Photo by Artem Kniaz on Unsplash

49. Brunch on a Sunday morning with family and friends
  50. Family vacations
  51. Sending your first kid off to kindergarten
  52. Impulsive date nights away from home
  53. Watching your kids graduate high school and college
  54. man in black academic gown standing on brown brick floor during daytime Photo by Nqobile Vundla on Unsplash

55. Watching your kids find their soul mate
  56. Becoming a grandparent
  57. Making a bucket list and checking things off
  58. Achieving happiness/being content with your life
  59. Leaving a legacy
  60. person opening photo album displaying grayscale photos Photo by Laura Fuhrman on Unsplash

When you are feeling like you don’t have any motivation to keep moving when you’re in a tough spot in life, think of all the amazing things you have to look forward to and it will keep you going. Look forward to the future with a positive attitude.

“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” –Helen Keller