10 Things To Look Forward To After Turning 21

"You have nothing to look forward to now that you're 21."

566
Stocksnap

Everyone can't wait to turn the big 21. Reason why... I think you all know. I just recently turned of age and a lot of people would tell me, " Happy Birthday! Now you have nothing else to look forward too." I laughed because I get the joke but it got me thinking how much I do have to look forward too. Now I'm not saying these happen right when you turn 21 or even 22 but it gives you something to work for. So for all of you that are about to turn 21 and think they have nothing to look forward too, here are 10 things to look forward too!

1. Hello!!! Graduation is near.

I have one year left of school and although I love my school and my team, I'm super excited to see what the future holds.

2. Speaking of future.

I can't wait to have a job! Scratch that, career.

3. Driver's license that faces the right way.

Am i the only one that was annoyed by that?

4. Owning your own home.

I can't wait for the day I can pinterest the crap out of a house that is MINE.

5. You can rent a car soon!!!!

6. You can now legally go broke in a casino.... Who doesn't want to do that?!

7. Your insurance will go down!

If not when you're 21 it will when you're 25 and that's closer than you were.

8. If you're like me you haven't bought your first car.

I appreciate the car my parents have provided for me but I'm so ready for the day that I am able to buy my own car that I've picked and is exactly what I want.

9. Not only will you have your own home but it can be where ever you want it to be.

I'm looking forward to the traveling that I can do after college and new experiences that'll come my way!

10. Overall, what you have to look forward to is your FUTURE.

Life is full of opportunities and they are just waiting for you to take them. Live outside of your comfort zone and go for things that no one else will and I can almost promise you that it will only lead to good things. Be excited for what your future holds because truly you control it. It's what you make it, so why dread it?