If You're Waiting For The Future, Hold On, It'll Be Worth It
Life Stages

If You're Waiting For The Future, Just Hold On, It'll Be Worth It

It's hard to wait, but I promise it's worth it.

72

Waiting is hard. By the end of high school, I was going insane because all I wanted was to leave. Like most teenagers, I was ready to go to college and finally start learning things that I was actually interested in.

Dragging myself to school by 7:45 a.m. every day was pretty much impossible. I still have a lot of friends from my high school, but I remember going into school every day and thinking about how much I felt like I was wasting my time. Other than seeing my friends and going to rehearsals for choir and musical, I had no reason to go to school.

I was stuck in an annoying routine that I couldn't get out of. Every single day was a challenge of its own because I knew that once I got to college I'd be so much happier.

I can't express to you enough how true that is.

It's a cliché, I know. The idea that college is going to magically fix all of your problems and you're going to be a totally different person once you get there is so overdone. But, that's exactly what happened.

I wanted to move out of my hometown more than anyone. I've only ever lived in the same little town in Central Pennsylvania. It's shaped a lot of who I am today, but I had learned all I needed to and I've seen all there is to see. It was time for me to go, and it's as simple as that.

As soon as I got to school, my world opened up. I went to a school where I didn't know anyone on purpose. No one had any expectations for me, and I was free to be literally whoever I wanted.

The people I met no longer could judge me based on my friends or who I knew or the activities I did. For the first time ever, I was just Cassity, and that's amazing.

I waited for that feeling for four years. Trust me when I say it's worth it to see all of your hard work pay off. It's hard to see the end of the tunnel, but I promise it's there. Change is going to happen and it's going to be better than anything you could have ever imagined.

The future is on its way, all you have to do is wait.