5 Things EVERYONE Needs To Do To Get Through The Remainder Of This Pandemic, Especially If You're Panicking

If you're a panicked, you probably need to hear this.

14
sign that says "The world is temporarily closed"

After months of living through this pandemic, many people are starting to panic now more than ever. But in order to remain calm, we need to relax and focus on what we can do despite the pandemic.

1. Use common sense.

Okay, but isn't this the secret to surviving anything? Whether it's deciding to put your hand on a hot stove or not going around a sick person, common sense plays a major and crucial role. Unfortunately, some of us don't exercise this action most of the time. For this reason, panic runs rampant and fear encapsulates the mind. We have all been told to take precautions since the start of this worldwide issue. The key is common sense, but some people just can't unlock the door to common sense.

2. After doing #1, relax a little.

I am going to assume you read the first bullet if you're reading the second one already. The next step to surviving a pandemic is to relax. Don't do anything out of your normal sphere of things; simply lay low. This doesn't mean you need to hide in a corner and never see the light of day because of you're panic stricken. But again, we have already been through this in #1. Use your common sense to enable yourself to relax.

3. Do some of the things you didn't have time to do before.

This one has rung true with many people. We can get caught up in our daily lives of school, work, and everything in between to forget about things we need to do for ourselves. Take time to reflect on some stuff, read a book, catch up on chores, and other surprisingly crucial activities. You'll never get this time back either, so in a weird way, I'm telling you to use it wisely!

4. Don't allow yourself to become isolated.

We all get lonely sometimes, but isolation is a whole other level. Isolation can be self-imposed, and it usually is. It can happen when we are hurt or fearful, just like in this situation I'm talking about. Keep in touch with your loved ones with FaceTime. Go for walks outside if you're able to. Just because we are told to stay safe does not imply that you should become a hermit. Stay safe means exactly what it says and that includes your mental health!

5. Just know, it's going to be alright :)

You probably needed to hear this one if you are reading this article to begin with. As a nerdy history major, I can tell you that people have faced horrible travesties before, ranging in size, yet the human race has survived. Everything truly is going to be alright. Sit back, read a good book, binge that Netflix show, and jump into the Fall semester with the positive mentality that everything is going to be alright in our panic stricken world.