5 Ways To Destress In College

5 Ways To Destress In College

Sometimes, we all need a break from the crazy thing called life.

26
5 Ways To Destress In College
Google Images

College: something we college students have a love/hate relationship with. We love the freedom, the parties, the friendships, etc. We hate the homework, getting up early and all the other mundane tasks. The thing I mostly dislike about college is how stressful it can be. I overthink everything as it is and sometimes put more pressure on myself than I should. I stress out about having a paper due or even littlest thing such as a pop quiz. If you are like me and are a broke college student, here are some very inexpensive ways to take a break from all of the school work. With classes starting back soon, here are some ways that I de-stress and take a break from the college life.

1. Watch Netflix.

This one is probably obvious, because who doesn't watch Netflix when stressed out? There's just something about snuggling up in bed and escaping from reality for a while. It might just be watching your favorite movie or TV show. (Side note: I highly recommend the show "Bones." It's awesome.)

2. Go for a run or walk.

I know, while reading the "running" part, you are probably thinking, "That doesn't make sense, running makes you sweaty and tired." Well, there is something about running that is relaxing. As odd as this may sound, it is very relaxing to sweat and also just to clear your mind. So, when your mind feels like it is going implode, go for a run or walk. You will feel so much better! Also, according to research, it says that exercise helps you succeed in school, so going for a run may be a good thing!

3. Sleep.

Sleep is something us college kids don't get much of due to all those all-nighters. So sleep is a wonderful thing to us. You will feel 100 times better after a quick nap or good nights sleep. Sleep is also a good way just to take a break from everything a bit. I personally love my sleep, so its something I can't live without, so every once in a while, take a nap!

4. Spend time with friends.

College is the place where you meet amazing friends; they basically become your family. Spending time with your college family is very nice. They make you laugh till your stomach hurts and are there to support you no matter what. So it can be a nice break to just hang out with your friends for a awhile. Friends make the college experience so much better, anyway!

5. Read a book.

This may seem kind of weird to list this reason, because for classes, you read literally all the time. You'll especially be reading a lot if you are an English major, like me. But, reading for fun can be a nice break from all of the required reading. It can be a magazine or the latest novel. Whatever it is, take a break and read a good book!

There you have it—some things you can do to take a break from the crazy we call college. I hope these can help you have a successful semester of college!