5 Ways To Deal With Summer Stress For A College Student

For when summer days are more stressful than school days.

2
MTL Blog

Let’s be honest, life can be so stressful. There are days when you literally have 1000 things to do and you’re not in the mood to do any of them. Especially, when you are a college student during the summer time. Between summer classes, multiple jobs, and trying to maintain a semi-fun social life, the summer can feel even more stressful than the school year.

I’m right there with you when you say summer is no longer the same as it used to be. No more carefree days when you and all of your friends just hang out by the pool, chilling. Now, it’s hard enough to see one of them at a time since everyone has a different work schedule. For those overwhelming days when you just have way too much to do, here are five ways to cope with stress and have a fun, calm summer.

1. Write down EVERYTHING you have to get done the next day

Write down literally everything you have to do the night before you have a busy day. Trust me this helps so much. Not just things you have to do for your job or errands you have to run. Write down that you have to work out, take a shower, mail a letter, whatever it is you need to get done. Crossing things off your list feels even better when the list is long. It actually makes you feel more motivated to do more things on the list just for the satisfaction. Doesn't matter if you physically write it or type it in your phone just get it down on something.

2. Wake up in a good mood

This is harder than it looks but it doesn't have to be. Right when you wake up go to the mirror look at yourself and literally say that you are going to have a fabulous day. "Today is going to be great and I am going to get so much done." Smile at yourself. Sometimes the more you fake it and tell yourself everything is going to be great the better you feel.

3. Eat healthy and work out

Eating bad just makes you feel worse and more anxious than you already do. Eating a healthy breakfast and lunch during a busy day can make you feel so much better. It's like hey I have all these things to get done and I still have time to eat healthy and feel good about myself. Plus, squeeze in a workout at the beginning or end of your day. When you exercise your body releases endorphins and endorphins make you feel happy. It's good to feel happy.

4. Listen to GOOD music

Everyone know the power music can have on a person. But, not just any music. Good music, the music that you know will put you in a good mood. Make a playlist on your phone and have it playing when you are driving from place to place. It helps get your mind off of everything and just relax for a couple minutes.

5. Take deep breaths

Busy days all come to an end just like any other day would. Just remember that tomorrow is a new day and life keeps moving no matter how many things you have to do. Summer only lasts so long. Soon you will be back to your normal schedule of school days. Try to have a fun summer and go outside while the weather is nice. Just being outside for a minute on a nice day can help change your whole mood.

Happy summer!