5 Upcoming PlayStation 5 Games Players That Can't Wait To Get Their Hands On

As one console generation nears its end, the next generation of gaming waits just around the corner.

6
Photo by Lee Paz on Unsplash

As one console generation nears its end, the next generation of gaming waits just around the corner. With Sony's PlayStation 5 releasing on November 12, gamers everywhere are eager to give its already vast roster of games a try as soon as it drops. Some game releases may be farther away than others, but all will most certainly be worth the wait once they're playable for the masses. Here are just a few of the games that PlayStation fans can't wait to play on the PlayStation 5.

1. "Kena: Bridge of Spirits"

When I first watched this trailer, I was left awestruck by the gorgeous visuals. It felt like I was watching a Pixar film! "Kena: Bridge of Spirits" follows the titular character as she embarks on a fantastical journey alongside spirit companions known as the Rot. From its breathtaking scenery to its charming characters, this adventure is one I wouldn't miss out on. "Kena: Bridge of Spirits" is set to release in March 2021.

2. "Resident Evil Village"

As a longtime fan of the "Resident Evil" franchise, I couldn't be more excited for this next installment. The trailer caught many off guard due to its fake-out title card. "Resident Evil Village" shows off the elements of survival horror that have made the series as renowned as it is today. Fighting zombies never gets old, does it? "Resident Evil Village" is set to release in 2021.

3. "DEATHLOOP"

I never realized how badly I wanted this game until this trailer first dropped. "DEATHLOOP" is a first-person shooter in which you play as an assassin stuck in a time loop in which the only means of escape is to take out eight visionaries. The twist? There's also a rival assassin who's trying to kill you at the same time. Think you have what it takes to escape the loop? If not, don't worry, because you'll be able to try again and again until you do. "DEATHLOOP" is set to release in June 2021.

4. "Final Fantasy XVI"

We all knew that a new "Final Fantasy game" had to come out eventually, but the gaming community still went wild after this trailer dropped during the PS5 Showcase. Not much is known at the moment about this upcoming title, but any fan of the "Final Fantasy" franchise should be anticipating this release. "Final Fantasy XVI" probably won't release for a long time, but it'll certainly be worth the wait for its patient fanbase.

5. "Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales"

After "Marvel's Spider-Man" on the PlayStation 4 was such a success, another Spider-Man game set in the same universe was inevitable. "Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales" follows Miles Morales, who appeared in the first game, as he takes on the role of Spider-Man and faces off against dastardly foes. It's bound to be full of the same web-slinging action, so any fans of its predecessor should absolutely give this one a go. "Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales" will be available on the PlayStation 5 at launch on November 12.