Sony Just Revealed Its PS5 Console: Is It What We Expected?

Sony continues to take gaming to next level as they showed off the new console look for its upcoming PlayStation 5, as well as games including Hitman III and Spider-Man.

13
Two Playstation consoles with a controller

Sony held its "Future of Gaming" Event Thursday to give viewers a first look at the PlayStation 5 console. The new console has a sleek and fresh white design that is PlayStation's "most striking design yet." Before the console reveal, fans viewed snippets of a bundle of games coming to the PS5 that include some familiar titles and as well as brand new ones, some of which looked incredible.

Let's get into the design of the console:

The device is tall and thin and is white on the front and back, with blue and black accent colors in the middle. Many viewers were surprised by the design because of many different photos floating around on the internet and boy were they off by a longshot!

During the event, more than two dozen game trailers were shown alongside the new look for the PS5. Some familiar titles include "Spider-Man: Miles Morales", "Gran Turismo 7" and "Rachet & Clank: Rift Apart." Smaller game studios are on the list as well to bring games like "Stray", "Destruction AllStars" and "Kena: Bridge of Spirits" to the console.

To add to the big news, the company also announced that there will be an all-digital console without a disc drive. This is a huge step for console gaming.

The big question viewers were curious about: When is the launch date and how much is it?

Sony stated that the company will reveal a price and launch date for the PS5 later. Fans will still have to hold out and wait for the big news.

Overall, Sony executed a great event that fans seemed to enjoy. Not only do fans know what the console looks like and what games they're getting, but they also know a lot of what they can expect in the future as PlayStation continues to evolve.

Here's a look at Sony's official hardware reveal trailer.